cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAWKEN..

RiftXdev
Explorer
Remember Hawken? And remember the disappointment after what it touted when DK1 came out?

It seems to have fallen off of the VR landscape after it flopped on the DK1, but DK2 may be it's time. Has anyone heard or read anything about HAWKEN and DK2?

I'd love to hear they are at least compiling the new SDK into it when it's released, that'd be fun with a higher res DK2 even without the positional tracking it might be playable at a competitive level now.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"
26 REPLIES 26

Crespo80
Explorer
I think just an handful of he current VR projects will make it to the CV1 release, Hawken may be one of them.

RiftXdev
Explorer
I just sent them a support ticket as I couldn't find anything on the net or their forums yet about DK2 integration.

I'll post up if I get any response.
DK1 | DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
"RiftXdev" wrote:
I just sent them a support ticket as I couldn't find anything on the net or their forums yet about DK2 integration.

I'll post up if I get any response.

Please do that. If there was one game I put down quickly in the wait for DK2 it was Hawken. I have hopes 🙂

RiftXdev
Explorer
My question

"Ticket to HAWKEN Support" wrote:
I'm an fan of VR and HAWKEN and clearly there were some issues with the DK1.

With the imminent arrival of the much higher resolution , are you planning on compiling the new SDK into HAWKEN so that the new DK2 can at least be played as a hi-res DK1?

Further to that, if you are still engaged with VR, are you planning on implementing any positional tracking associated with the DK2 and therefore staying on the functionality path towards a consumer VR product?

Thanks
DK1 | DK2

MannyLectro
Explorer
Last time I played Hawken with my DK1 the scale was completely wrong. The cockpit felt like a big headset around me.
Did it change ?
Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514

KrixusParabellu
Explorer
has anyone managed to make Titanfall work with the Rift?
apparently this was doable with vorpx and the ttf beta, but I never got any luck with it, would be soooo awesome

CptPilot
Honored Guest
"MannyLectro" wrote:
Last time I played Hawken with my DK1 the scale was completely wrong. The cockpit felt like a big headset around me.
Did it change ?

It seemed fine when I tried it last year on the HD Prototype.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hawken never did have correct scale, as far as I could tell. The cockpit felt too small, definitely not like I was inside a giant robot, and the world felt the same scale as simply walking through a series of normal sized hallways, not a giant cityscape. It definitely did not feel like I was hundreds of feet off the ground, in a giant mecha.

defactoman
Honored Guest
The scale issues we're fixable with some adjustments to the ini files. I ended up getting it to work pretty good and was ..almost.. playable. In fact I played it once for a whole online round. However, the game was just generally unplayable with the low resolution of the DK1 making it hard to determine what was going on and who was friend/foe.