cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riftoon - OSX and PC Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I was getting a bit bored in Tuscany, so Rifted up the Excellent Toon Level Kit from the 'Hedgehog team' in unity.

4 levels to loop though - The swirly stonehenge thing will drop you into the next world.

I've been testing with an xBox controller (PC ONLY). Mouse/arrow keys should work.
Added some jumping too. - "A" button on a controller ( not sure about keyboard mouse )

----------

Feel free to look at my site. Games are not the sort of thing I normally do. But theres no money in VFX anymore!

http://www.prowl.co.uk

...and if any of you need some 3d / vfx / Motion GFX work let me know

PC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/344biod6582iyzk/Riftoon.Win.zip
OSX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0tq44gmorw4w5v/Riftoon.OSX.zip

Update - V.0.3.1
Added back the standard unity graphics box. You can hide as required and ALT open will show it again.
Fixed OSX opening error.
Playstation Controller via Bluetooth on the Mac - not sure about PC. Xbox works on PC.
Some fixes:
Escape application working (osx)
Faster
More solid objects
Altered DOF
Fixed Neck / eye postions

OSX Version. - Keyboard mouse only at the moment ( new rift SDK supports Playstation3 (on order) and Logitech f710 )

Better AntiAliasing
More optimised
Lowered character height to be closer to whatever malevolent little creatures live in this place.
Added invisible ring fence so you cannot slip off the world
Water surrounding the islands.
Changed the Hedgehog character / image that appeared to be smoking!
Added the Halloween level. Swirly level portal is a bit hidden / not as obvious as the others.
'B' Key reset the yaw if it drifts - look forward and level and press B.

PC Version - Can someone test for me as I rebuilt it all in OSX and well... Prefer it! And unity seemed to build better in OSX to both platforms.

---------
75 REPLIES 75

usb420
Honored Guest
Sounds cool! Im not on my pc right now Do You have any screenshots?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Download now. Thanks.

Also, a screenshot would be helpful.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Holy $h!! that is cool!

Want to turn your room in to a magical cartoon land? Try this!

Thanks for Rifting it up for us! Man, there are so many things that people can quickly port to Rift, I can't wait!

space123321
Explorer
Love it - thanks!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This world is quite a colorful change from the HL2 dystopia.

As I was in the magical winter wonderland, I was thinking that anybody who experiences that should have little doubt that VR is at least going to be hot new technology.

Newb question: is it possible for us to adjust the settings? I've tried lots of Unity demos but finally learned more about optimal settings after playing around with HL2 VR (official). I'd like to crank anti-aliasing way up.

Sawersadam
Honored Guest
This looks sensational....
But makes me pine for 'toon-town' from Who Framed Roger Rabbit (now that could really work too!!)...

VRoom
Honored Guest
O man, the VR version of Roger Rabbit would be amazing! Going from "real" world to Toontown would be quite an experience 🙂
I don't have Rift yet, but can't wait to try this demo once I get it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another image

A web player version if you've not got your rift yet.
http://www.blitz3dfr.com/WB/TLK/wp.html

"danworld" wrote:
Newb question: is it possible for us to adjust the settings? I've tried lots of Unity demos but finally learned more about optimal settings after playing around with HL2 VR (official). I'd like to crank anti-aliasing way up.

Yup you can do all that stuff in code. and just link the AA setting etc to a Keybinding. I just wanted a simple interface instead of the pop up at the start -

UDK seems to have a lot of that stuff built in... but TBH - there is tons of extensions and scripts you can just buy/freeware on the asset store for unity. the extension FXAA for example. hardly any overhead. I'll add it in and see if makes any difference

Clancey
Honored Guest
This is amazing. My Two year old is already addicted to the Oculus Rift. This is now his favorite app for it. Would it be possible to add walls to keep you on the islands? He hasn't figured out jumping yet.