New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906Jim2906 Posts: 18
edited December 2014 in General
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?

Comments

• Jim2906Jim2906 Posts: 18
    Oh and Cybereality posted this on July 23rd:

We aren't releasing the sales break-down per region, or telling people what batch they may be in. However, for AU orders we will be using Australia Post. Thanks.
  • UberWiggettUberWiggett Posts: 96
    Hiro Protagonist
    From what I gather they're sorting through the regions. we may or may not have our shipment ready to go out, it could be because customs is delaying something, or just a database jigging.

Or it could just be a timezone thing, if we haven't gotten replies by tomorrow then maybe we worry that AU missed out :(
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,091
    Trinity
    I ordered a couple of days late, so I wasn't expecting to be in the first batch. No email or status update yet.
  • JeremyFisherJeremyFisher Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I'm also wondering if any fellow aussies have received an update to their shipping status. I haven't read about any confirmations so far :(
  • AdamMellorAdamMellor Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    No update for me,

Order ID: DO-31046xx
    Date: Mar 19, 2014 08:37 AM PDT
    Status: Pending:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.
    Error(s): Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

still waiting for the CC to be billed
  • BlaXunBlaXun Posts: 70
    AdamMellor wrote:
    No update for me,

Error(s): Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

To what country do u want it to be shipped?
  • AdamMellorAdamMellor Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    oo-stra-li-argh
    AdamMellor wrote:
    No update for me,

Hmm well mine was March 20, 2014 at 04:28 AM PDT and like you no email. Good to know though!
  • fudspongfudspong Posts: 382
    Brain Burst
    I reckon the drop-bears nabbed 'em.
  • NsoldalNsoldal Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    Ordered March 19, 2014 at 03:50 PM PDT.

No update for self or my mate/co-worker that ordered at 8:30PDT either. I'm thinking AU missed out on first batch.. Hopefully second is not too far off and we are in :|
  • fivestarsimulationsfivestarsimulations Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    I think we got left at the bottom of the food chain...AGAIN!!

Seriously, there's guys in Hong Kong who ordered a full DAY after me who've got their shipping emails.

We've got nothing!

NOT HAPPY JAN! :evil:
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,091
    Trinity
    NOT HAPPY JAN! :evil:
    For Oculus employees who aren't familiar with Australian memes:
  • GygaxGygax Posts: 208
    NerveGear
    AdamMellor wrote:
    oo-stra-li-argh

'Straya :lol:

(i think we have a wait ahead of us)
  • diablosv21diablosv21 Posts: 122
    Apparently the people who have been processed so far are just a test batch and the first batch hasn't been fully processed yet. There is still some hope for us.
    Scott Vandonkelaar
    Zero Latency - Inversion VR
    25unyth.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist! :D:D:D
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks to my 12 hour shifts starting from pre-dawn, I'll be hitting f5 for the day, will keep you all posted if anything changes before you wake up :lol:
  • BahrniBahrni Posts: 10
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2014
    I'm in New Zealand (ordered 1:37PM PDT on the 19th, so roughly 5 hours in) and I'm still Pending too. Whether that's because they're not properly shipping to AP yet or because I'm too late an order, I'm not sure. I'm a bit disappointed to still be dangling but there's nothing we can do. So it's back to hawkishly F5'ing here, Reddit and my inbox, I guess.

[Edited for time typo]
  • VylenVylen Posts: 209
    Perhaps there's a bit more love for the northern hemisphere than the south...
    Hiro Protagonist
    well so far I don't think 5k have been allocated, despite the amount of yay shipment threads and factoring in the many who don't use the threads but may have ordered, it doesn't seem like a large amount have been allocated. Plus there is some hint of only minor allocations of that 5k so far while they sort out regions, and the sdk afaik isn't out yet. So don't lose hope!
  • maxxsinnermaxxsinner Posts: 19
    Still nothing for the land of Oz? Seems odd that the whole northern hemisphere has had notifications galore but none for our half of the globe.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'd have conspiracy nutted that we were included in a via china method and blocked, but they did say via AusPost, but if you watch closely they've been working on test batch sends, and today they seem to be releasing more to the locals than they did last night. As my previous post, I'm fairly certain it's just a matter of waiting till this arvo when we start seeing oz results.

edit: also looking at the spreadsheet, there appear to be around 120 listed AUS orders, that may mean we have a very small base of orders comparitive to other distro centers, I'd like to think that means they can wipe us out with a single batch, but it may also indicate they will give us few per batch.
  • AusRomAusRom Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    You may be right but remember that not everyone has put their details on that site. I would like to think that Aussies & Kiwi's would account for at least 1000 of the pre-orders. Maybe I'm being hopeful?

I do like the sound of all orders here being fulfilled in one batch, hope it's soon regardless.
  • shawsie64shawsie64 Posts: 15
    I hope at least some of us are included in the first batch.. or if not even just an update telling us when we can expect orders to start going though but I know Oculus are under the pump, fingers crossed for an update/movement today!
  • lpug21lpug21 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yeah; fingers crossed!

Surely there's some sweet Oculus lovin' for the land of Oz :)
    Email: Oculus SDK 0.4.0 Beta Release

Nooooooooooooooo! !!! Well... Yay, but damn you for getting my hopes up!!
    I didnt even get that one :(
  • maxxsinnermaxxsinner Posts: 19
    I'm just a little surprised that there has been nothing posted about Aus at all. Not a 'settle down you skips. We will get to you soon' or anything. But I guess they are a bit busy with the rest of the world. It's going to be a looooooooooong weekend for some people if they do get their email late this afternoon. But I am willing to bet that it will be Monday now.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah true! But they did say earlier that they can't give info on which dispatch centers and amounts. So i guess their hands are tied. Also they may not even know! But ohwell guys lets wait and see.

as for how many aussies, yes oculus has been pretty big over here, but we have a very shonky games industry. Dev houses collapsing, nothing super pro, mostly kids getting out of uni degrees with no jobs and little actual drive for indy dev. (Yes i did just offend all of you but i have strong opinions on how wrong our industry is!)
    maxxsinner wrote:
    I'm just a little surprised that there has been nothing posted about Aus at all. Not a 'settle down you skips. We will get to you soon' or anything. But I guess they are a bit busy with the rest of the world. It's going to be a looooooooooong weekend for some people if they do get their email late this afternoon. But I am willing to bet that it will be Monday now.

Yeah just nothing at all so far.. I'd be stoked for a 'processing order' update over the weekend but oh well time will tell!
  • cheeseeaterscheeseeaters Posts: 86
    Brain Burst
    I think it's a good sign none of us have heard anything. Invariably, within the next day or so we'll see the status change. In other news, I just had to reset my token to check the status.....I forgot......came back and saw a shipping email from Oculus, crapped my pants, then realised it was just a token reset email.

Dem drop bears, I tell ya.... kentz.
    Ordered : Sep 17 | Mar 19 6:10pm PDT
    Processing Email : Oct 30 | Processing : Aug 13
    Shipping email : 8th Nov | Shipping Email : Aug 13
    074xxx- ARRIVED 14th Nov |
    Perth, WA