New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Comments

• ptisingeptisinge Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    $75 of shipping for that is still a bit extreme though. Seriously, I got an inflatable kayak shipped from the US for about the same cost, and it was a big and heavy (25kg!) package. Anyway, this is nothing that can be changed now. Let's just hope that the process will be much better planned for CV1 (and I'm sure it will be).
  • jsndrsjsndrs Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Yes, it's about the price charged being out of proportion to the level of service provided. Plenty of companies work with this every day. It is a solved problem, with many different approaches that are well understood. We aren't talking about a Kickstarter, but a company at the top of their field. It's not too much to expect that they as an organisation will assess this performance and try to do better. And it's our job to tell them how we would like it to improve.

Anyway, I don't enjoy complaining, I just want to get on with my own projects, and I want Oculus to do well in the future so that we can all enjoy the fruits of that.
  • RaptorBlackzRaptorBlackz Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2014
    So has anyone received a processing email yet?

July 1st here, Nothing yet.

*edit READY TO SHIPP!!! YEEESHH
  • latearrivallatearrival Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    So has anyone received a processing email yet?

No sign of activity on Reddit (as at 5:50pm AEST). But if we all hope and believe hard enough, tomorrow is going to be our day...
  • AT76AT76 Posts: 52
    Brain Burst
    No sign of activity on Reddit (as at 5:50pm AEST). But if we all hope and believe hard enough, tomorrow is going to be our day...
    Hope so. I'd drive almost anywhere to pick it up myself if it were in the country tomorrow...
  • Just to share the fabulous news

Email Just arrived June 16th order

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order #DPxxxxx is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • So close! come on pleeeeeeease!!!

Date: Jun 26, 2014 02:01 AM PDT

Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Detail(s):
    Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.
  • YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!
    June 18th just got my email! I can't believe that it is finally happening!!
  • whalan84whalan84 Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Nadsi47 wrote:
    Just to share the fabulous news

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order #DPxxxxx is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges.

Same... June 11th order, received that email at 7.11pm status page still says ready as of 7.24pm hopefully that will change by tomorrow... Has been a long few months, this week is going to feel like forever.
  • latearrivallatearrival Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    June 21st. Credit card payment failed :( Don't know why. But still, it's great news for all the Aussies and Kiwis that another batch is being distributed over the coming days. Congrats everyone
  • fudspongfudspong Posts: 382
    Brain Burst
    Yay June 14 order, paid in full, just received "preparing to ship". Happy days. How long do you think it will be before it arrives in Perth?
  • fudspong wrote:
    Yay June 14 order, paid in full, just received "preparing to ship". Happy days. How long do you think it will be before it arrives in Perth?

Im wondering the same thing.
    From what other P Town peeps have been saying its about a week transit time ...
  • OMGOMGOMGOGMGOGMGMOG

"You're receiving this email because your order is about to ship"

Ordered July 7th.

Could it be that OVR has FINALY let Australia catch up with the rest of the world?

ITS HAPPENING.
  • rodgerthat7rodgerthat7 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    June 22nd, Ready!

I'm not even annoyed about the delays anymore, I just hope that the issues with customs are resolved (I could barely afford the Rift, let alone the extra $100 import cost).
  • RaptorBlackzRaptorBlackz Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    July 1st, NSW
    Ready to ship :D
  • Fuuuuuu yesss!!! July 1st, Wellington, New Zealand - Ready to ship!

Now us Wellingtonians (or those close enough) need to organise a VRLAN party... let me know if anyone would be interested in geeking out?
  • July 6th, Melbourne, just got the email! Ready to ship
  • jimmyjamjarsjimmyjamjars Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Yes!! July 17th order ready to ship :)
  • Cloud87Cloud87 Posts: 26
    edited September 2014
    Got home from work, got email from Oculus VR 9:16pm (NZ time), OMG.

Checked my Order info update straight away, and heeeeeelllllllll yesss!!!! it has finally happened, Status is READY f*%k yes!

Auckland order
    Date: Jun 15, 2014 08:33 PM PDT

Status:READY:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.
    Brain Burst
    Order ID: GK-*******
    Date: Jun 14, 2014
    Status:READY:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

Well well well. W00p!!!!!
    Brain Burst
    How long does it normally take to go from READY status to actually showing up at your door?

Like, for the average recipient?
  • SproutSprout Posts: 10
    edited September 2014
    July 26th

Order ID: ET-XXXXXXX
    Date: Jul 26, 2014 08:31 PM PDT
    Status:Ready:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

***edit, now processing
  • warrenpwarrenp Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Order ID: BK-2######
    Date: Jul 3, 2014 09:34 PM PDT
    Status:Ready:We've successfully processed the payment and information for your order. It will be shipped as soon as the items are available in stock.

Life is good!!! :D
  • whalan84whalan84 Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    whalan84 wrote:
    Nadsi47 wrote:
    Just to share the fabulous news

Same... June 11th order, received that email at 7.11pm status page still says ready as of 7.24pm hopefully that will change by tomorrow... Has been a long few months, this week is going to feel like forever.

Mine is now processing as of 8:08pm... very happy to see those words.
  • cabnz1cabnz1 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2014
    Just got my email saying ready to ship.

Ordered on the 29th of July

(Sorry - I ordered on the 29th of July not the 29th of July)
  • John546John546 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file.
    ORDER DATE: June 12
  • My shipment has just changed to processing less than an hour ago.

Date Ordered: 6th July
    CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.8ghz (water-cooled) | GPU: G1 980ti 6gb | G.Skill Ripjaw's 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 28" Samsung LED 4k monitor (60hz display port) )
  • OMG OMG OMG!!!

Date: Jun 26, 2014 02:01 AM PDT

You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order #DR-XXXXXX is about to ship. Since the full balance has been paid, you should not see any additional charges
  • scottycamscottycam Posts: 152
    Hiro Protagonist
    If the 29th July is the last order in this batch I missed out by 2 days. At least Australia has got up to date, which is great.
  • fudspongfudspong Posts: 382
    Brain Burst
    Us Perth types need to organise a LAN party, although I suspect we could all fit comfortably in Rose Porteous' shoe closet :P