cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Add a DK2 Compatible Icon or Note to Files!

WillHart1
Protege
As stated in the above Subject line, Please Add a DK2 Compatible Icon or Note to all of the Oculus Share Demos and Programs that will make it easy to identify what will and won't work with the new DK2 units.

And please make it easy to spot upgraded Demos and Programs that are now fully DK2 compatible too!

Drash, Titans of Space is what I'm hoping to see running on a DK2 demo video before mine arrives in early August!

Will Hart
Fullerton, California
11 REPLIES 11

xerospynx
Honored Guest
great idea! +1 support this
toronto, ca | dk2@12:20p mar19: delivered | laptop: i7@2.4ghz, 16gb ram, gtx780m@4gb

crazychainsaw
Honored Guest
was actually thinking about this before aswell
+1

methos
Honored Guest
Yes, I agree with this whole hardheartedly, may a filter or sort by would be great.

9of9
Expert Protege
Was just thinking the same thing myself! I'm sure a lot of existing developers will be quite eager to upgrade their demos and flaunt the added compatibility 🙂

Waynosan
Honored Guest
Yes, yes, please!

Anyone know of a good list for stuff that works with DK2? So far all I have found is this:

http://www.theriftarcade.com/oculus-rift-dk2-supported-games/

pvalencia
Honored Guest
I've been wanting to request this myself. I've already seen several people on other forums express incredible disappointment about their Rift because they've downloaded DK1 demos that had horrible FOV/resolution. They mistakenly assumed that was how DK2 just is. Labeling the stuff that's actually designed for the DK2 would help avoid people feeling misled.
My VR demos and games:

spyro
Expert Protege
+ 1 (should only be marked as compatible when direct mode works like expected).

spyro

squibbfire
Honored Guest
I think oculus is doing this...but yes...

maybe even a whole category for 0.4.0 DK2 ready demos only...

I wouldnt lump any extended monitor stuff in it..since some dont work right.

+1

squibbfire
Honored Guest
"spyro" wrote:
+ 1 (should only be marked as compatible when direct mode works like expected).

spyro

exactly...i feel like some are too anxious and want their demos to be DK2 ready
even though you have to reconfigure your services and displays to do so..