New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Proton Pulse creator comes back with a new kickst. project!

przecinekprzecinek Posts: 593
Nexus 6
edited August 2014 in Games and Apps
Project's called Vanguard Valkyrie and it's a on-rails space shooter with all controlls handled solely through head tracking (very much like Proton Pulse).

I saw his project being mentioned here and there, but I think it deserves a separate thread as I didn't really know nothing about it until I actually went on protonpulse.com to see what's happening in regards to PP.

I already backed the early bird tier :}} and I really like where this is going. I'm only a bit bummed about the high target goal (almost 200.000). Way more than Gallery or Technolust. Fingers crossed..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662894668/vanguard-valkyrie

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Posts: 75
    Great News! Very good game desingners. I think VR will bring up very good arcade games. The arcade genre will rise again! :twisted:

Proton Pulse was a VR milestone, very sad they stopped development
  • mochamocha Posts: 5
    noquarter wrote:
    Great News! Very good game desingners. I think VR will bring up very good arcade games. The arcade genre will rise again! :twisted:

Proton Pulse was a VR milestone, very sad they stopped development

Why was Proton Pulse terminated? Lawsuit or something? It looked so promising.
  • noquarternoquarter Posts: 75
    We dont know :(

ProtonPulse with dk2 support would be amazing!! Think about it! Smash the ball with power the positional tracking would blow the game in a new dimension
  • KrixusParabellumKrixusParabellum Posts: 249
    Hiro Protagonist
    I backed it and it looks awesome, but at 198.000$ I don't see this project happening
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 593
    Nexus 6
    Vanguard V is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

Are you kidding me? Not again ... :cry::cry: Poor Justin, hope this is just a clash in regards to the game's name (Notice they just mentioned "Vanguard V" not "Valkyrie")
  • museumstevemuseumsteve Posts: 443
    Art3mis
    You gotta love this guy. He takes this on the chin and immediately cracks on with he job at hand. Highly professional attitude. I think I'd buy into anything he makes :D especially an updated Proton Pulse :cry:
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 593
    Nexus 6
    Project has been slightly renamed and is back online (turns out CCP didn't like the use of word Valkyrie) :}
    I think Justin might have been a bit too generous with his demo being given away for a buck, I know he did the same thing when fundraising for Proton Pulse but circumstances where a bit different back then.
    I backed it and it looks awesome, but at 198.000$ I don't see this project happening

Yup, I have my doubts too... let's get this project to 60.000 first so that at least Justin knows it's on par with other VR exclusive titles that are being developed. Otherwise I will lose all hope in VR community lol
  • IsoMacintoshIsoMacintosh Posts: 325
    NerveGear
    They have decided to offer wooden DK2 cases on their kickstarter.