cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eldritch for the Rift?

Scofthe7seas
Honored Guest
So, since I know there are a lot smarter, and more technically talented people here than myself (infinitely so when it comes to programming, because I have none) I was wondering if the community knew that the game Eldritch just became open source. It's kind of a horror version of minecraft, minus the building elements. It looks like the dev has no intention of adding rift support (or any more support as far as it looks like?) but it's now open to modding. I really like Minecraft in the rift. It's crazy. This weird, surreal, impossible world virtualized. It's so alien, and the world seems so empty and creepy (maybe other people didn't get that feeling, but I did) and I think Eldritch would be perfect for the Rift.
If anybody thinks it might be doable, that would be awesome. Just bringing it to attention in case people didn't know about it. Obviously no expectations intended!

http://www.eldritchgame.com/about.html
(source code at the bottom)

(if this should go in a different thread, please let me know!)
(It actually was in another one, but I'm still not sure where it should go.)
3 REPLIES 3

mdk
Honored Guest
That is interesting. Eldritch might work really well on the rift. Even without any motion controler stuff and just a basic xbox360 pad scheme. The amount of UI elements in Eldritch is very small and they don't need constant observation either. The player speed might be a concern. Sprinting it's a bit fast. On the other hand sprint isn't used that often in the game when played properly. I would also really like to see a co-op version of this game. Having both co-op and Rift support would be a very interesting experiment.

Scofthe7seas
Honored Guest
I'm kind of putting off playing it hoping that somebody will get on this. Like I said above, Minecraft in the rift is so weird and desolate, I would really like to experience something already designed to feel that way.

Scofthe7seas
Honored Guest
As an update, if there are any serious devs out there interested in doing this, I would be willing to put in for a steam key.