New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dolphin Emulator DK2 compatibility

Comments

• fugazifugazi Posts: 109
    Hiro Protagonist
    Peteo wrote:
    Thats ok I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait

jajaja cool fugazi reference
  • aminemoaminemo Posts: 353
    Art3mis
    fugazi wrote:
    Peteo wrote:
    Thats ok I am a patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait

jajaja cool fugazi reference

Hi fugazi have you tryed metroid corruption
    Can you share your experience or make a a video play recording on YouTube?
  • ceglicegli Posts: 436
    Was away for a bit, but I'm back now. I had a little time tonight and fixed one of the issues, and couldn't reproduce one of the others. I'm editing my post with the gating issues. Doesn't seem like it will be super hard to fix them all...
    Hiro Protagonist
    cegli wrote:
    Was away for a bit, but I'm back now. I had a little time tonight and fixed one of the issues, and couldn't reproduce one of the others. I'm editing my post with the gating issues. Doesn't seem like it will be super hard to fix them all...

Welcome, we were missing you. Good luck with these fixes.
    aminemo wrote:

Hi fugazi have you tryed metroid corruption
    Can you share your experience or make a a video play recording on YouTube?

Hi aminemo, It runs very well with the 2eyeguy fixes and the Cullin codes, tonight I will upload some footage.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Its here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_xc8fhLtE

Still uploading, but I have to go to bed, it says 100 min remainig, sorry, spanish conection ;)

Actually there is some problems with the scan view and the charged beam, but thanks to the fixes of 2eyeguy and the cullin codes found by me, metroid prime corruption is in a pretty good playable state.
    Performance is good on a i5 2500k OC 4600 - GTX 660, 2x native resolution, but the video judders a lot (sorry) because the record software, even at 1.5x native resolution.
  • TWhiteTWhite Posts: 363
    Culling. It's culling. Why does everyone drop the g lol I feel like this thread is producing some new form of bad tech jargon.
    CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
  • costersallcostersall Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    cegli wrote:

Glad to hear you are back. I was just wondering if there was a new version of VR Dolphin. I wasn't sure where to check and if or the standard releases had vr support or not.
    Hi all! It's close. I just want to make sure there aren't too many little odd bugs before it's officially pushed out the door. I only had a little bit of time to work on it today, but narrowed down the cause of issue 1 to disabling the rift with the opcode replay buffer enabled.

I think most of the other issues are just documentation updates, clean-up, etc. I might have time to write most of the tool-tips, etc, tomorrow.

Edit: Okay, I've fixed all the bugs I listed before except:
    -Loss of V-Sync/bad headtracking when changing resolution in OpenGL
    -Show Avatar not working in OpenGL, which turns out isn't really a bug, just that 2eyeguy hasn't gotten around to writing it in OGL yet. I've noted this in the tool tips.

I finished writing the tool-tips, and updated the help as well. I'll probably do a bit more testing to make sure no new bugs popped up, but I think everything is ready for a release now :D.
    Hiro Protagonist
    cegli wrote:
    I'll probably do a bit more testing to make sure no new bugs popped up, but I think everything is ready for a release now :D.

Great news, you're doing a great job. Thank you.
    Art3mis
    There is one million dollard to win for the VR jam 2015.
    2eyeguy why not try an early ppsspp VR version for this events :o ?
    You don't need a gearvr just a galaxy note 4 I supose .

Fugazi thanks a lot for the metroid corruption video that was amzing!!
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    aminemo wrote:
    There is one million dollars to win for the VR jam 2015.
    2eyeguy why not try an early ppsspp VR version for this events :o ?
    You don't need a gearvr just a galaxy note 4 I supose .
    I don't have a note 4 either, unfortunately. It would be fun to try, but I don't even know if it would be eligible.

I'm trying to merge the commits from master except the one that updated the ini files.

Sorry, I haven't had much chance to work on it recently, I have been a bit busy and preoccupied lately dealing with stuff like this: http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 7243112512
    Art3mis
    edited March 2015
    Free your mind ....
  • VRpceVRpce Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    aminemo wrote:
    Free your mind ....
    I stand with 2eyeguy against religious extremism, I would trade dolphin vr and ppsspp vr if it would somehow help end the madness.

I'm sorry if this response is going too off topic, but I keep up with the news, I see how religion is politicized and weaponized
    Art3mis
    Is it that difficult to port dolphin VR on android ?I thought it was just an
    option in the compilator. I ve seen some recent video it seems that a note 4
    can handle dolphin nicely.
  • TomSDTomSD Posts: 429
    Brain Burst
    aminemo wrote:
    Is it that difficult to port dolphin VR on android ?I thought it was just an option in the compilator.
    ...are you serious? :shock:
    i7-4770K, 2x GTX 780 SLI, Windows 7 64-bit, Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0
  • PeteoPeteo Posts: 262
    aminemo wrote:
    Free your mind ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRJVKtrCCk
    Sorry this link is probably NSFW...
    Art3mis
    The valve VR dev kit is coming
    1080p per eye and 90fps

http://www.htcvr.com/

CastAR also
    edited May 2015
    Latest Version can be found here: https://dolphinvr.wordpress.com/downloads/

Dolphin VR Release 4.0-6324 SDK 0.4.4

Rendering
    - "Disable Near Clipping" option now mostly fixes rendering in games with this issue such as Pikmin and Animal Crossing.
    - Virtual XFB is now implemented
    - "Remove Blank EFB Copy Boxes" now works in OpenGL. Games like Mario Kart Wii, Okami, etc are now playable in OGL.
    - Opcode Replay Buffer fixes increase compatibility and make it a bit faster. Still a lot of bugs to work out.
    - Skybox depth fixes.
    - Many miscellaneous game specific or small fixes.
    - Support for Metroid Prime series.
    - Support for zooming in games.

Main Dolphin Trunk
    The Non-VR Dolphin team has been doing a lot of great work optimizing and fixing bugs, which have all been merged up to a couple days ago.

Other Fixes/Additions
    - Object Removal Codes has undergone a massive overhaul and is way faster now. Now called "Hide Object Codes".
    - XAudio now fixed when using timewarp/opcode replay.
    - Draw Hydras feature added that lets you see your Hydras in game (D3D only for now).
    - Added start of "Motion Sickness Prevention" options. Allows reducing the FOV or blanking the screen during certain movements. Still a WIP.
    - Wii Motion Plus emulation now working.
    - DInput joysticks/gamepads now supported for VR hotkeys.
    - Fixes to freelook to keep step size consistent. Note: Do not adjust the Units Per Metre on games that have already been set! Use the global scale instead or freelook step size will be messed up.
    - Dolphin no longer completely crashes when "Deterministic Dual Core Mode" is set while the "Opcode Replay Buffer" is enabled.
    - NES Virtual Console support.
    - More default settings added.

Culling Codes
    Thanks to Penkamaster who made a bruteforcer and has been using it to slowly find codes. Complete list can be found here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DolphinVRcullin/
    Note: Some of these may require slight overclocking of the emulated Dolphin CPU to work without stutter.

60fps Patches
    -Pikmin 2 NTSC-U 60fps patch added. Not completely tested but seems to work.

Tips
    - Read the "VR Instructions" tab for a quick setup rundown.
    - RmObjCodes are now called HideObjectCodes, so if you have your own custom codes, they must be renamed in your .ini to appear again.
    - Unchecking "Enable Idle Skipping" can sometimes fix weird slowdowns in the "Opcode Replay Buffer".
    - Sometimes using "Synchronize GPU Thread" can fix judder while using the "Opcode Replay Buffer".

Issues
    - Changing OpenGL resolution in game can cause headtracking issues and Vsync loss.
    - Opcode Replay Buffer does not work perfectly in every game.
    - "Synchronous Timewarp" sometiems causes some slight "buzzing".
    - "Opcode Replay Buffer" does not work when "Deterministic Dual Core Mode" is enabled.
    - "Enable Idle Skipping" can sometimes cause issues with the "Opcode Replay Buffer".
    - Still plenty of rendering issues to fix.
    - "Direct Mode" only works on my computer judder free with "Deterministic Dual Core Mode" or "Synchronize GPU Thread" enabled, and the mirrored window on, but resized to 0 pixels. Your mileage may vary.

My future plans (in no particular order)
    - Fix more rendering issues.
    - Fix synchronous timewarp judder.
    - Fix more opcode replay buffer issues.
    - Figure out why the culling code brute forcer doesn't work on all games.
    - Figure out why "enable idle skipping" can cause issues in some games.
    - Add monoscopic rendering option to fix some 2D games?
    Also, I finally submitted this release to Oculus Share, so hopefully they will update it soon and that old release will be off of there... I also didn't include the last main branch merge that 2eyeguy just made, because I didn't want to restart testing all over again! Release testing is a slow process, and I'd rather get back to development than endless stability testing :).
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for the release, I'm sorry but I'm having problems with the nunchuck, it behaves strangely (only moving up, acting like it's holding duck by default in Mario Galaxy 2, similar in other games) I tried with 2 different nunchuks on my regular remote with the same issues
    Trinity
    cegli wrote:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Gd0xnYgK!kgSWnsKUp ... 2sYPr-fhkw
    Thank you!

EDIT: I've updated the dropbox link with that version. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101 ... 64-4.0.exe
    cegli wrote:
    Also, I finally submitted this release to Oculus Share, so hopefully they will update it soon and that old release will be off of there... I also didn't include the last main branch merge that 2eyeguy just made, because I didn't want to restart testing all over again! Release testing is a slow process, and I'd rather get back to development than endless stability testing :).
    How did YOU submit it to Oculus share? I thought only I could do that. We want this to show up as an update, not a separate demo. I'd better submit it as an update myself.
    aminemo wrote:
    Is it that difficult to port dolphin VR on android ?I thought it was just an
    option in the compilator. I ve seen some recent video it seems that a note 4
    can handle dolphin nicely.
    Probably not too difficult. But I would have to install the android SDK and work out how to compile it, and work out how to do the UI in VR. Sorry I haven't tried yet.
    aminemo wrote:
    The valve VR dev kit is coming
    1080p per eye and 90fps
    I had a quick look at the SteamVR API. Most of it looks fairly straightforward, but it doesn't have SDK rendering, which makes things 10 times as hard. Apparently there's also no timewarp, and we have to handle prediction timing ourselves. But we should be able to add basic support. And SteamVR also supports the Rift, so we will be able to test support for it without the HTC hardware (but don't tell them I said that ;) ).
    Trinity
    OK, I submitted the updated version of Dolphin VR and The Charlie Hebdo Gallery v2 to Oculus Share. Now we just have to wait for them to be accepted. I also posted it on reddit here (it needs upvoting): http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... on_406324/
    2EyeGuy wrote:
    cegli wrote:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Gd0xnYgK!kgSWnsKUp ... 2sYPr-fhkw
    Thank you!

EDIT: I've updated the dropbox link with that version. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101 ... 64-4.0.exe
    cegli wrote:
    How did YOU submit it to Oculus share? I thought only I could do that. We want this to show up as an update, not a separate demo. I'd better submit it as an update myself.
    I submitted it again, but with all of the still valid information copied and pasted, and updated things that didn't make sense anymore. I figured that Oculus would figure it out and just use it as an update. It would be cool if they had an option to let a team update it, so it didn't always have to be the same person to do it each time, but I don't know if they have that option...
    xcxv2 wrote:
    Thank you for the release, I'm sorry but I'm having problems with the nunchuck, it behaves strangely (only moving up, acting like it's holding duck by default in Mario Galaxy 2, similar in other games) I tried with 2 different nunchuks on my regular remote with the same issues
    Hmm... I never setup a real nunchuk to work in Dolphin. 2eyeguy, have you ever tested an actual wiimote/nunchuk? Also, it would be useful if you could tell us if this happens in the latest version of normal Dolphin as well. That way we can tell if it's a main branch problem or our problem.
  • RensinRensin Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    I tried running "Metroid (USA).nes" but dolphin crashed on me. Do I need a special setting to play nes games or is that feature just not implemented?
    Rensin wrote:
    I tried running "Metroid (USA).nes" but dolphin crashed on me. Do I need a special setting to play nes games or is that feature just not implemented?

2eyeguy implemented NES virtual console support, which means Dolphin VR *should* be able to play some NES titles but they have to be virtual console .wad files. You can't play a .nes game directly though, so that crash is expected. Here's how it works:

1. Nintendo writes a NES emulator for the Wii and then releases the NES game as a "virtual console" title.
    2. We have an emulator that emulates the Wii, so when you load the "virtual console" title it emulates the Wii emulating the NES.

So you'd basically be running an emulator on an emulator. That's why it won't work if you just run a NES game directly. You'd need to run the actual virtual console .wad file.
    Hiro Protagonist
    cegli wrote:
    xcxv2 wrote:
    Hmm... I never setup a real nunchuk to work in Dolphin. 2eyeguy, have you ever tested an actual wiimote/nunchuk? Also, it would be useful if you could tell us if this happens in the latest version of normal Dolphin as well. That way we can tell if it's a main branch problem or our problem.
    I can confirm the nunchuk works perfectly with the latest vanilla Dolphin (new build 12 hours ago,) and re-checked the new VR-Hydra build has the same problem.
    edit: the problem with the VR-Hydra varies randomly: sometimes the nunchuk analog responds in reverse fashion (up is down etc) and sometimes the analog only triggers "up." But after unplugging, replugging results in the wii remote not recognizing the nunchuk whatsoever.

Another edit: the newyears build of VR-Hydra nunchuk worked perfectly, maybe that could provide hints?
    Trinity
    Master removed the option to disable EFB copies, but I am going to keep that option for Dolphin VR. There are other changes in master that are about the hotkeys or about making EFB copies asynchronous, which I'm going to save for Cegli to do, since they are his area of expertise. I guess I'll start merging the INI file changes now (I already merged support for INI wildcards, but haven't done the INI files themselves yet).

Then I'll have a look and see what's happened to the real nunchuk support. But I don't see how it can be my fault when it's a real nunchuk that the game is talking to directly, rather than an emulated one.

EDIT: OK, I finally finished merging the first lot of INI changes. Hopefully I didn't introduce any mistakes.

Also I fixed an old [RmObjCodes] that should have been the new [HideObjectCodes].

EDIT: OK, I did the second lot of INI changes too.
  • GunD666GunD666 Posts: 5
    First of all a big thank you to 2EyeGuy for this great VR mod. I played a lot of Monster Hunter Tri with the 5286 and 6324 version and i am having a lot of fun with it. It is working really well.

There are however some small issues with the HUD and the Texture of the player character.

The texture is either totally black (which has something to do with the missing bloom effect i guess) or it is in the wrong place on the character model. I haven't found a solution for that problem.

The other thing is the HUD. MH3 uses a color overlay to change the feel of some areas. The Problem is that in VR you always see this transparent color floating in front of you as a 2D plane.
    I did a lot of testing with object removal (or hiding) and i thing that i found all codes. I do not know, if there is a simpler way to remove the "garbage" HUD. The HUD Thicker does not work.

Here is list of all the codes (sorry about the names, but you should get which areas i mean):
    $no_Clone_HUD
    56bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000FFFFFF
    $mogavillage
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000120001E4632
    $desert_base
    32bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000000000C0
    $desert
    56bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000090FFE1B4
    $desert_sky
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E0003C3C0A
    $desert_mirror_2
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000EBEBEBFF
    $desert_3
    32bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000000060
    $desert_8
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E0FF5A0014
    $jungle_base
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001205078B414
    $jungle
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001205078B41E
    $jungle_3
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000120003C781E
    $jungle_5
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001205078B439
    $jungle_6
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001200032641E
    $jungle_7_32bit_blackboxdesert3
    32bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000000120
    $jungle_8
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E000050A14
    $jungle_9
    48bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000001203C64
    $jungle_mirror_2
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000F0F0F0FF
    $jungle_water
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000000F03C46003C
    $jungle_water_8
    48bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000F00064
    $lava
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000009000143C0A
    $lava_9
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000C8C8C8FF
    $lava_10
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000150FF4E0030
    $island
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000C8C8C8FF
    $island_3
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001500014280A
    $island_6
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000000C0001E3714
    $island_7
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000009000142800
    $island_8
    32bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000000150
    $island_water_10
    48bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000F00064
    $island_1_night
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001800050A028
    $island_7_night
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000090005AB41E
    $island_12_night
    32bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000000000000090
    $island_sky
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E000000000
    $island_mirror_1_12
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000FAFAFAFF
    $island_mirror_3
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000AAAAAAFF
    $island_mirror_6
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000BEBEBEFF
    $island_mirror_8
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x00000000F0F0F0FF
    $ice_base
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E000000000
    $ice_7
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x0000009000143C0A
    $ice_night
    64bits:0x0000000000000000:0x000001E000005A3C

btw: I can not change the value for Free Look Sensitivity. It always resets, when I push Ok and reopen the config.
    GunD666 wrote:
    btw: I can not change the value for Free Look Sensitivity. It always resets, when I push Ok and reopen the config.
    That's strange. It's working fine for me. I also tried deleting my dolphin.ini to make sure I had a fresh start, and it still worked. Can you try renaming your:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Dolphin.ini

while Dolphin is closed and then try again? I'm curious to see if there's just something in your .ini from a previous version that is messing something up. There should be something like this in there:

[Hotkeys]
    XInputPolling = True
    FreeLookSensitivity = 1.000000

Does it change when you try to change it in the GUI?

Thank you for the HideObjectCodes by the way. I will try to clean up the names and add them to the next release!

Edit: Ugh, somehow in all the .ini chaos, the main branch managed to break the ability to add AR Codes without manually adding them to the .ini...
  • GunD666GunD666 Posts: 5
    There seems to be a problem with the FreeLookSensitivity variable loading from the ini file. There are two varibales with the same name. One in [VR] and one in [Hotkeys]. The one in [VR] gets changed, when i use the dolphin GUI. The strange thing is non of the two values gets loaded the next time i go to the vr config in the GUI. Instead the value 0,0001 is inserted.
    XInputPolling is True by the way.

Another thing i noticed with the new version of dolphin vr is that the settings from the graphics config only get loaded, when i go to the graphics GUI once. After that it works.