New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DK2 Mesh Grills

RiftXdevRiftXdev Posts: 847 Poster of the Week
edited July 2014 in General
Has anyone else noticed that the DK2's mesh grilles (4 of them, on above and below each eye) let in a TON of light?

It's actually casting glare from my eye ball onto the lens while playing, so I see a reflection of my own eye on top of what I'm looking at.

I appreciate they're there probably for ventilation, prevent fogging etc but they sure do let a lot of light in when the room you're in is lit. Seems a bit overkill to me. I'm going to have to come up with something to block them up.

It does appear the ones below put more light in than the ones from above. The nose area lets alot of light in as well but I'm personally thankful for more nose space, my nose isn't exactly small so I'm glad it doesn't try to cut it in half like the DK1 did.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,980 Valuable Player
    It's noticeable, definitely.

I haven't used it enough to give my full opinion.

I think that because they are in the four corners that they may be highlighting the FOV "problem" slightly.

Too early to say.
  • RiftXdevRiftXdev Posts: 847 Poster of the Week
    Covering them up with your fingers shows immediately how much better it is without them.

I'll find some soft porous material to stuff in there which still allows it to breathe but more effectively blocks it out. A thin layer of foam might work.
    DK1 | DK2
    "The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"