cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure with the "green lines"?

MaxM75
Honored Guest
Hi,

i did this thing with the green lines, but i am not sure if i did it right...

First, the line appears left... i press left-arrow as long as i see the line...
Then, the line appears right... i press the right-arrow as long as a can see the line...

Then the same two things again... (left & right)...

Is that right or did i something wrong?

Thanks!
Max
17 REPLIES 17

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
You measured the distance between your pupils. This your IPD (Inter-Pupillary Distance). If you followed the instructions, then you've done it correctly.

IPD.PNG

Tails-
Protege
Read the screen next time you run it, they're labelled. There are four lines because it needs to find the edges of your vision for both eyes, on both side for each. Outer and inner edges.
DK2 Status: DELIVERED Reddit: FourTails

Anonymous
Not applicable
The instructions are pretty clear. I double checked at a lenscrafters. The first time I went they freaked me out and gave me the near measurement; which was very different. Then I went to another one and they asked if I wanted near or distant ipd. The distant one matched up fairly nicely to the config tool.

Xerion
Explorer
As far as I know the first set is for the left eye and the second for the right. But the instructions actually do not say this. I believe they did say it in the past with the DK1...

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's mainly there to measure IPD, but it also calculates eye-relief.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zarkow
Honored Guest
What is a little bit unclear for non-native English speakers, is if the line should be moved until it cannot be seen, partly unseen or just before it becomes partly unseen.

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
"Zarkow" wrote:
What is a little bit unclear for non-native English speakers, is if the line should be moved until it cannot be seen, partly unseen or just before it becomes partly unseen.

The implication is that the line should be partly seen at least.

The part that is still unclear to me is:
The top and bottom of the lines disappear first because of the curvature of the lens. Should we stop moving the line as soon as the top and bottom disappear, keep moving it until the middle of the line starts to disappear, or somewhere in between?

renz004
Honored Guest
Did this day 1 as well and was totally unclear how far I should be moving them. Kinda wish there was more of an explanation 😛

cybereality
Grand Champion
You should move the lines to the edge, but they should still be partially visible.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV