cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

War Thunder w/6DOF now working (videos + instructions)

mbuehler
Honored Guest
If anybody else wants to try, it works very well and is a great deal of fun. We used IZ3D, Opentrack, Razer Hydra, the Oculus Overlay and some config file tweaking. It has VERY good 3D, and is the best flying game I've seen in quite a while. Definately worth a look :

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/36262-oculus-rift-setup-guide/

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mImcRHsdAvk&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqS7LXlz9GU&hd=1
65 REPLIES 65

Subcide
Honored Guest
Videos look amazing. One of the more polished experiences I've seen taking both graphics and control scheme's into account.

Now, if only my Rift would ship... 😉

AusRedNeck
Honored Guest
That looks very good

feuerhahn
Honored Guest
whooo, complicated and the result is not satisfying 😞

ianmacmillan
Explorer
"feuerhahn" wrote:
whooo, complicated and the result is not satisfying 😞

LOL. I was considering taking the enormous setup plunge, but after your comment, I think I'll just have a nap instead. 🙂

mbuehler
Honored Guest
Where's your sense of adventure? 🙂 After the initial setup (takes about 15 minutes) launching a game takes less then a minute, and the result is very good. If you have it setup correct, it is better then "Heli Hell 2" and that was my hands down favorite.

If you need any help setting it up, post in the War Thunder forum and myself or one of the other Rift flyers will get you sorted.

tchock23
Honored Guest
I can't seem to get the IZ3D working on mind. It's not rendering the stereoscopic 3D correctly. It seemed to install just fine, so not sure what's up. I posted at the War Thunder forum to see if someone could help me, but anyone here have an idea of what could be up?

mbuehler
Honored Guest
Hmmm... few things to try are:

Very IZ3D driver is enabled.

Make sure FRAPS is NOT loaded. You can load it after IZ3D gets the game in side by side, but not before.

Make sure IZ3D is in side by side mode.

Check that even though it is in the mode, that it currently isn't disabled (hitting * does this I think)

Let me know if that doesn't do it.

Edit: Saw your post over there, gave you a few more things to try.

feuerhahn
Honored Guest
"mbuehler" wrote:
Where's your sense of adventure? 🙂 After the initial setup (takes about 15 minutes) launching a game takes less then a minute, and the result is very good. If you have it setup correct, it is better then "Heli Hell 2" and that was my hands down favorite.

If you need any help setting it up, post in the War Thunder forum and myself or one of the other Rift flyers will get you sorted.

The problem is, that after 15 Minutes of setting everything up, ending in a total weird way of perspective I thought of maybe 10 possible mistakes which I was not willing to investigate for 😞 Anyway, I would like to give it a try but I guess I ll see how others take their task first 😉

ianmacmillan
Explorer
"mbuehler" wrote:

I just watched the videos, and there's definitely something amiss with the 3D. It seems as though the depth of the aircraft is wrong...it feels like the ground objects should be going through the wings, instead of under them. Very odd feeling.