cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worldwide Telescope CRASH

Bunglewitz
Honored Guest
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I just re-installed windows 8.1 and worldwidetelescope (5.0.3) crashes every time I try to enable rift. The rift works fine for all other apps, and was working perfectly before the windows install.

I have tried using the older SDK instead of the 'runtime' but to no avail - when I select the rift for stereo mode the app reports a problem occurred but no details are provided.

Any help? I love using the rift with WWT and I'm seriously bummed out I cannot get it to work anymore =(

Thanks for any pointers.
2 REPLIES 2

Simpanra
Honored Guest
"Bunglewitz" wrote:
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I just re-installed windows 8.1 and worldwidetelescope (5.0.3) crashes every time I try to enable rift. The rift works fine for all other apps, and was working perfectly before the windows install.

I have tried using the older SDK instead of the 'runtime' but to no avail - when I select the rift for stereo mode the app reports a problem occurred but no details are provided.

Any help? I love using the rift with WWT and I'm seriously bummed out I cannot get it to work anymore =(

Thanks for any pointers.

Have you tried ticking the box for DK1 legacy compatibility mode? If WWT worked with the DK1 but is now having problems, this is one of your best chances to fix that. Also, if the app has crashed a lot recently it may have taken some other damage and may work better after a re-install.

I recommend; make sure you have the new 0.4.1 SDK and such install,
Use the DK1 legacy option,
Pause the oculus services using the pause button in the new config,
Re-install WWT
Now try to run it.

Bunglewitz
Honored Guest
** THANK YOU **

I enabled legacy support and paused the service, after which WWT works again. Many thanks!

Matt