cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL2 + Portal 2 at DK2 with vireio

MaxPower78
Honored Guest
Hey,
so I tried getting portal 2 and half 2 to work with the dk2 via vireio.
So far i can launch them and can look around (no positional tracking obviously) but the movements in the games are way to fast, i make a 360 turn in the game when moving my head about 45 degrees in real life. A haven't used vireio before is this a known problem with some sort of workaround I haven't figured out ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum I wasn't quite sure where to post it.

Edit: I tried fiddeling with the mouse sensitivity but that didn't really help as well.
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I would have expected Portal 2 to work okay, since there is a VRBoost profile for it. You can try editing the multipliers in the BRASSA menu, but I thought those only had an effect of you were using mouse emulation instead of VRBoost. You could also try turning off VRBoost in BRASSA, which should put you into mouse emulation mode (You couldn't use a controller that way, but if you're trying to use M+KB, then that's irrelevant).

I'd love to play Portal 2 in VR, but I'm still fiddling with Skyrim at the moment. I just got it working decently, and tonight I'm going to mess around with HUD mods and the Immersive First Person body mod to see if I can make it fully playable.

EDIT: My mistake, there is a profile for Portal 2, but no VRBoost rules. If you go into the BRASSA meny, is VRBoost showing as turned on?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

MaxPower78
Honored Guest
Yes VR-Boost is showing on. Thanks for the ideas so far:) I'm going to try Them out tomorrow as I'm not at home tonight. Good look with skyrim I hope youre getting 3D now?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yup, Skyrim is working beautifully now. Played it for a few hours last night, surprisingly with no simulator sickness issues--I waasn't sure how long I'd be able to run around in FPS-mode, but it was fine.

Apparently Valve just updated the SteamVR beta to work with the DK2, so hopefully you'll soon be able to play Portal 2 that way if Vireio isn't working out for you.

Personally, I'll be taking a crack at HL2 next. 🙂

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

pailhead
Honored Guest
how did you set up the resolution and the correct window?