New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Original Doom 3 DK2

gplourdegplourde Posts: 63
edited April 2015 in Showcase
http://youtu.be/lzofYiX6o7c

Pretty happy to have most pieces of the puzzle working. The Doom 3 code made it quite easy to integrate the Oculus VR SDK rendering even if I have 0 openGL knowledge prior to this and never touched the Doom 3 code. Still have a ton of work to do.

Comments

• CarandiruCarandiru Posts: 229
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nice work man this will definitely catch CCarmack's eye, lol.
    Right on!
    http://www.supersinfulsilicon.com/ supersinfulsilicon - software
    Home of the MaxVR Oculus Rift Video Player

https://twitter.com/Carandiru
  • jrd3djrd3d Posts: 138
    Hiro Protagonist
    This is great! I definitely prefer this to the BFG version since there are so many cool mods for the original that do not work at all on BFG. Thank you!
  • ImmersionistImmersionist Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Very excited to see this. I think Doom 3 is well suited to the DK2 and will be a great showcase.

Can you keep us updated, maybe open up a WIP thread?
  • gplourdegplourde Posts: 63
    Oh my yes this should be in the WIP forum. If a mod feel like moving this that would be great.
  • RiftXdevRiftXdev Posts: 847 Poster of the Week
    I bought the BFG edition from a local game store 6-8 months ago and still haven't unwrapped it yet. Actually I forget where it even is at this moment...

Is any of the work you're doing portable to the BFG edition? I'd really wanted to play Doom 3 on the DK1 but never got around to it and would love to play it on DK2.
    DK1 | DK2
    "The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"
  • v0idv0id Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    I am really looking forward to beating this game in the DK2. My playthrough with the BFG edition on the DK1 was pretty fun but reading the pda was terrible and video screens were not working a the time I played it. Really looking forward to seeing your version.
    Alienware X51 | Nvidia GTX 600 | i7 [email protected] | 16gb ram | DK1 | DK2
  • RikkTheGaijinRikkTheGaijin Posts: 399
    Trinity
    Look forward to this! 8-)
  • n00854180tn00854180t Posts: 323
    OP, you would forever be my hero if you could port your Doom 3 integration to The Dark Mod.

It uses Doom 3's engine, so I imagine it might be at least somewhat straight forward, as these things go. If not, I understand, but I think it would be awesome :D Especially since TDM is free and has lots of content.

I'd be willing to help out a bit with the port, my Steam name is the same as on here. I'm mostly good at debugging.
    Storyteller: Fireside Tales - An immersive VR audiobook player.

The VR Dungeon Survival Project - First person 3D roguelite survival game.

Twitter
    IndieDB
  • qster123qster123 Posts: 150
    Art3mis
    Excellent, ages ago I bought Doom3 original by mistake. Glad I did now :)
  • BuckleBeanBuckleBean Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    n00854180t wrote:
    OP, you would forever be my hero if you could port your Doom 3 integration to The Dark Mod.

It uses Doom 3's engine, so I imagine it might be at least somewhat straight forward, as these things go. If not, I understand, but I think it would be awesome :D Especially since TDM is free and has lots of content.

I'd be willing to help out a bit with the port, my Steam name is the same as on here. I'm mostly good at debugging.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
  • gplourdegplourde Posts: 63
    My changes are on Github so I guess they can just merge them if they want to support DK2.
  • AlphaWolFAlphaWolF Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    n00854180t wrote:

Wow I was just about to say this myself before i read your reply, stop reading my mind lol.
    Massive fan of the thief series right here and STILL the only game to ever really give me a genuine fright once.
    I even still have the originals on CD . Doom would be cool and all but playing as garrett within the rift OMG. Dark mod all the way!. And much better than that awful new thief game that edios pooped out with the worst garret voice ever

I nearly made a theif mod for skyrim but had to much on my plate with the skyrim witcher Experience mod I was working on
  • TWhiteTWhite Posts: 363
    How's this coming along? Doom 3 is one of the most atmospheric games I've played ever, and I've been playing games since 8 bit was the shit. With the source code for the game out there, it should be very doable to get finely implemented OVR support. Looking forward to seeing this flesh out and get an official release. Thanks for working on it.
    CPU: i7 3770k 4.6Ghz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
  • RosevilleReaperRosevilleReaper Posts: 104
    Brain Burst
    I NEED DOOM 3 ON MY DK2 NOW!! You have till the end of this week or i'm pulling the plug on this project :evil:
  • jrd3djrd3d Posts: 138
    Hiro Protagonist
    I NEED DOOM 3 ON MY DK2 NOW!! You have till the end of this week or i'm pulling the plug on this project :evil:
    Welp, it's the end of the year, and still nothing. This bums me out :(
  • MediocritusMediocritus Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    See the thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13130&p=261398#p261398 for how to get the work-in-progress build running with DK2 + SDK 0.5 and VS2013.