cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 3

blito3
Honored Guest
well I got Fallout3 to work with dk2....using the tridef 3d it wasn't built for dk2 support....but alas no head tracking....used my oculus as the primary and set on this screen only.....so when hit the power button it jumps to the occulus. and shuts of my other monitor...damn with there was a good screen duplicator.
6 REPLIES 6

MichaelAnthony
Honored Guest
I apologize if this is slightly off subject but I am having trouble getting head tracking to work with anything except the demo scene and Warscape AlphaVR1 which is a Unity game. I have a MacBook Pro. I have tried about two dozen applications. Does anyone know what makes the difference with head tracking working or not and is there anyway to tell if a game supports it--or is this a local issue. Again, works great in Warscape but nothing else I have tried so far.

Cindori
Honored Guest
"MichaelAnthony" wrote:
I apologize if this is slightly off subject but I am having trouble getting head tracking to work with anything except the demo scene and Warscape AlphaVR1 which is a Unity game. I have a MacBook Pro. I have tried about two dozen applications. Does anyone know what makes the difference with head tracking working or not and is there anyway to tell if a game supports it--or is this a local issue. Again, works great in Warscape but nothing else I have tried so far.

I suggest you install Windows on your Mac since there are basically no games that support DK2 on OS X at the moment, which is why you're not getting head tracking.

MichaelAnthony
Honored Guest
Okay, thank you much. I have Parallels on my Mac but I'm having difficulty finding an original Windows install disk, all I can find are upgrade disks. But at least I know then things will work. I just want to get a feel for it for my own programming. Everyone who tries it loves it. People really don't "get it" until the wear it, then they are turned on to the potential.

Killian
Honored Guest
I suggest not using Parallels and use Bootcamp install. Much better and more native experience using the Rift than by adding another layer between software and hardware.

davidskis
Honored Guest
Rather than threadjacking, can we hear more about Fallout 3 please? Has anyone else gotten Fallout 3 working on DK2? What's the experience like?

blito3
Honored Guest
I guess we will have to wait for tridef 3d to do a dk2 update....Fallout 3 looks great with the improved graphics the dk2 provides, just that the head tracking is not working.