New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't use a mouse or select Demo Options

jukeboxjukebox Posts: 4
edited May 2013 in Support
I am confused about everything. I plugged in my Rift using the dev notes and various forum threads... got it to display in 3D... but I cant move in any demo, tilting my head does nothing in any demo (I assume it's supposed to from the various PR videos and you tube videos) and I have not seen any thread yet with my issue so I assume I have some setting I didn't click or some hardware that's interfering (3d Vision, 4 monitors, 3 way SLI...)

Any pointers so I can get this to just work? I'd love to start fiddling with the SDK but I need something that works first.

Comments

• geekmastergeekmaster Posts: 2,866
    Nexus 6
    It has been reported that you may need to uninstall a Logitech mouse driver, if you have one installed. If the Rift and the mouse driver are fighting with each other, that may cause problems with both of them.

Also, try plugging your Rift into different USB ports. And try it on a different computer, if you can.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, first thing is to uninstall Logitech software if it is running.

Second, try different USB ports. There are known issues with using USB 3.0.

Unplug any Xbox360 wireless dongles.

Please try the demos that are included with the SDK. Something like SensorBox may be a good place to start.

We had one case where the included USB cable was defective. Maybe try buying or using a different USB cable.

If none of these things work, then contact [email protected] .
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV