cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell!

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
This just isn't fair, i'm sorry, but Oculus what the hell is going on with the ordering system. Damn it, this really is frustrating.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2ese2p/received_shipping_notice_and_i_didnt_purchase/
115 REPLIES 115

pelrun
Honored Guest
Oh hey, more whinging.

Look, it's a fact that some regions are further ahead in their order list than others. *Get over it*. Oculus can't magically make shipments take more or less time to certain areas to make sure that your order on the other side of the world gets to you before someone else closer to them who ordered later gets theirs.

You'll get your Rift sometime in the next couple of weeks, most likely. Stop F5ing every 5 minutes, leave the forums and do something else.

BundyRuss
Honored Guest
Thats a bit harsh there Pelrun.

They actually do have some control over the situation. With most of those expressing concern being those who got preorders in quite early.

Being preorders these could be tallied before the shipments were assigned and made, getting enough product to each location.

Easy to come out with enough whinging when it's not you held up.

I remember the many pages of American concern when there was a delay with their DK1's and all the bellowing about being the biggest potential market.

Let people vent if they must, it's not like Kelvin was particularly venomous unlike many of the posts you see.

I can be zen because after 6 mths I've just moved to processing but I know exactly where he's coming from.
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
@Pelrun,

1) I am whinging, deal with it, it's my prerogative, don't read it because your comment is just adding fuel to my little buring fire!

2) I don't f5, I do work full time and do a whole lot outside this forum so stop assuming.

3) This thread is for those who feel the same and just want to read what they are feeling inside too, you may not be the right audience for this post so, off you go!

I started out months ago on this forum nice and calm and now look at me, turned into a right mess with frustration about crazy shipping problems. If you read the dialogue of my comments you'll see this is cumulative and rightfully so!

:!:

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
@BundyRuss,

Thanks for the support there,

I never call names, poke the finger, or act in a demeaning way here, it's always about my own stuff which keeps me from being attacked. This then allows me to speak my mind.

Oh yeah, I purchased the DK2 to develop for it, I am buying it for its intended purpose, and so I am entitled to whine about not getting it in front of orders behind me. I'm treating this as a normal purchase situation and it's becoming a real pain. Someone has my money and I don't have a product, yet, or at the very least "your order is processing" but some who ordered in June now are getting theirs sorted, not logical! Oculus, if there are problems then LET US KNOW! then I wouldn't need to be wasting my time writing all this.

You have a damn great product but that's not the whole part of a business, communication is! I can teach you many things about communication. this is not being done the best way and can improve.

Oculus: are you reading this.... rhetorical question, just reflect on it.

mta
Honored Guest
what's the problem exactly?

monsterfurby
Honored Guest

Oh yeah, I purchased the DK2 to develop for it, I am buying it for its intended purpose, and so I am entitled to whine about not getting it in front of orders behind me. I'm treating this as a normal purchase situation and it's becoming a real pain. Someone has my money and I don't have a product, yet, or at the very least "your order is processing" but some who ordered in June now are getting theirs sorted, not logical! Oculus, if there are problems then LET US KNOW! then I wouldn't need to be wasting my time writing all this.

You're entitled to whine exactly as much as others are entitled to complain about your whining. Also: who cares what you ordered it for? If anything, whether you use the Rift for development, fun, to show off or to put bird feed in, should have no bearing on deliveries.

You have a damn great product but that's not the whole part of a business, communication is! I can teach you many things about communication. this is not being done the best way and can improve.

I do agree regarding communication, and I think the fewest among us are international logistics experts, so more regular updates regarding the issues and challenges as well as shipping status would be great. Oculus did however at several points explain that there is a minimum volume they can reasonably ship to each territory due to cost, which is pretty much the main reason for the uneven shipping.

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
"monsterfurby" wrote:

You're entitled to whine exactly as much as others are entitled to complain about your whining. Also: who cares what you ordered it for? If anything, whether you use the Rift for development, fun, to show off or to put bird feed in, should have no bearing on deliveries.

I do agree regarding communication, but I think the fewest among us are international logistics experts. Oculus did however at several points explain that there is a minimum volume they can reasonably ship to each territory due to cost, which is pretty much the main reason for the uneben shipping.

I'm ignoring your comments except the last one...

How does your comment about being a logistic expert relate to communication. It is well known that this is the biggest fail in any company when it comes to being a consumer of a product. Can you humour me and tell us if you have your rift yet?

WirlWind
Honored Guest
"mta" wrote:
what's the problem exactly?

People around the globe are getting shipped this week when they ordered in June (I saw a June 5th) and meanwhile there are people in Australia who are still in March and are still facing that "It'll get there whenever it gets there" BS.

We missed out on the first shipment, then there seemed to be another week where we missed out on a shipment. At this rate, it will be halfway through september before all the March orders get filled.

With a single shipment, they could bring us back to parity with the other parts of the world but all we keep getting is silence followed by the occasional "We'll send a batch this week" and ignoring any other questions about why we're so behind.

We paid anywhere from $600-700 dollars for our Rift. We were charged $75 for shipping... As consumers (Just because it's a developer kit, doesn't make us any less of a consumer), we have a right to wonder why we paid that money months ago and still have yet to receive anything (ok, mild hyperbole, but we are months behind but pay like triple what the shipping should ACTUALLY cost).

I think that about sums it up.

KelvinNZ
Honored Guest
I really try not to start threads like this but there is a method to the madness. A lot of us are feeling this way, not just me.