cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volo Airsport - Wingsuiting with DK2

mzandvliet
Honored Guest
Hey folks!

Last week we released v3 of Volo Airsport, our wingsuit flight simulator, and it now has experimental support for the Rift DK2.

Here's a Setup Guide based on Darius' notes

It's early days for the game, and for its support of the Rift. But what's there is already very enjoyable! Here's a video of GamerMuscleVideos trying it out with the DK2:

Check out our website for more info on the game, and our plans for it as we move forward. And let me know what you think! We can use all the feedback we can get. 🙂

Latest version: See the v3.1 details
54 REPLIES 54

eagleeyez
Protege
Blue is not cool against a green background. Make the Jumpsuit a real person to match the terrain as real and not cartoon with terrain reality. Or make everything cartoony. I will however try it out later.

TomSD
Honored Guest
This looks like it could be an excellent fit for one of the VR-focused body tracking sensors coming up, like Control VR, PrioVR, STEM, etc. Have you looked into that? Didn't see anything about it on your web site.
i7-4770K, 2x GTX 780 SLI, Windows 7 64-bit, Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0

Darius
Honored Guest
YES!!!!!!! Great news, guys. Instant buy for me, downloading as we speak. I am a huge fan of Volo Airsport on the DK1 and demo-ed to a lot of people. Can't wait to play with it on the DK2. Will spread the word to gather support for your further development!

Dusel
Honored Guest
I bought the game as soon as i heard of version 3. I played the DK1 Demo for hours.
The pricing might seem a bit high for some, as there is basically no content except for one map and the flight control itself, but for me it's totally worth it as the terrain looks amazing and the physics is simply amazing (though a bit harder then the old controls if I'm correct). I would either drop the price a bit or add more content (1 or 2 maps more to begin with), so it appeals to a bigger amount of people 🙂

Concerning the ragdoll model, i got used to it and actually i like it, though i don't mind having a beatiful 3D-Model

I simply cant wait to see tasks implemented or a kind of map-editor, which has the biggest potential if you ask me, as there will be tons of different mountains to master!

All in all, still (or again?) one of my favorite rift experiences

How often are you planning to release updates/content?

minbari73
Honored Guest
Bit of a hassle to get working, but damn it was worth it. Hopefully the problems will be fixed in the next release! My FPS is way higher in this than the UE4 hanglider demo and some very smooth head tracking.

I have to agree though, it would be great if there was a proper model there instead of a placeholder..it tends to take away from the reality of it all. I would like a hanglider sidegame in this one, for relaxin' 😄

This is up there with the best demos i've seen thus far though. As gamermuscle says, the feeling of speed and height is amazing - and the physics and wind display a depth to it all. Great stuff!

Darius
Honored Guest
Wow, it's really awesome with the DK2. I love it!!! The new scenery is great and it runs really smooth without judder on my machine. Really looking forward to enhanced scenery with lakes, birds and reference points (bridges, hikercamps?, buildings). For those of you figuring out how to get it running:

1st time preparation:
- Start Volo, press ESC on titlescreen and choose OPTIONS
- Change resolution to 1920x1080
- Change Windowing to Fullscreen
- Enable Oculus support (at the bottom of the option list)
- Exit Volo

To Play:

- Set Rift Display mode: Extend Desktop to the HMD
- You do not have to stop services
- Then set the HMD as the primary screen
- Start Volo .. bypass the 2D titlescreen by pressing Enter and you're set; pick a spawnpoint

Plays best with a XBOX controller.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This demo appears to be very fun ! What a pity there is not a free demo to get an idea. I think it's too expensive for a simple demo. I would gladly have bought it if there were several world and games mode.
I hope you succeed your project for a full game release. I'll buy it for sure.

Simpanra
Honored Guest
The demo doesn't accept input from my Razer Sabertooth at all making it hard to impossible to play it. Please fix this, this is the second demo that won't accept my perfectly fine Razer device, only difference is I paid $20 for this one. 😞

uvflyer
Honored Guest
This looks great, but I'm not sure if I will buy another unfinished game with little content in it. I'm not trying to be an asshole because this concept looks great. A demo wouldn't be a wrong idea, since you would have way more people trying out and buy it afterwards, including me 😉 .

Could you also fly from the wingsuiter first person? A more realistic model would be a good next step as well I guess since the terrain looks so good.

Good luck with finishing the game! 🙂 Might come back later