cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Galactic Federation of Light

Jose
Heroic Explorer
So there's a bunch of people on the internet who get channeled from aliens calling themselves the Galactic Federation of Light and they're supposed to save us from the upcoming doom that's supposed to happen on December 21, 2012.

What are you're thoughts?
11 REPLIES 11

kojack
MVP
MVP
upcoming doom that's supposed to happen on December 21, 2012

I'm not too worried about any doom back in 2012. 🙂
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Jose
Heroic Explorer
The Galactic Fedederation of light is watching over us. Peace and love. Do not fear December 21, 2012. It is spiritual awakening not DOOM.

geekmaster
Protege
This thread is SPAM, advertising something that seems hopelessly obsolete now...

OR, somebody is "posting under the influence" again...

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Not spam. This is the off-topic forum right?

I'll tone things down if I'm causing a disruption.

As an example, this thread in the general forum advertising cell phones for sale is spam.

geekmaster
Protege
"Jose" wrote:
Not spam. This is the off-topic forum right?

I'll tone things down if I'm causing a disruption.

As an example, this thread in the general forum advertising cell phones for sale is spam.

But this is the OCULUS lounge, not the "new age religion" lounge. Perhaps you should post this stuff at a "new age" website? To me, there is not much difference between proselytizing religious (or pseudo-religious) ideology, and pushing products for money. Politics, religion, and advertising do not really belong in a technical forum, unless a thread is dedicated specifically for such topics. They are not really "general", because they lead to endless debates and Godwin's Law.

And for this particular thread topic, that pseudo-religion is half a year past its expiration date, so it may leave a bad taste in the mouths of some people here (myself included). If not, it is still in poor taste in a technical forum, where many will find it disagreeable to them.

It would be great if the Space Aliens walking among us would give us this day our daily bread, and deliver us from evil. But they seem to have not been all that successful so far. Can we still eat meat?

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Ok ok I hear you.

I was just messing around but you're right this stuff does fall into the religion category.

I reread my posts and I suppose it can look like I'm evangelizing new age religion. I'm not. I don't believe in that stuff and I thought it would be obvious by pointing out the 2012 doom that did not happen.

But seeing how the illuminati/ww3 thread was cleaned up I guess it's not a good idea to post about "new age" and "conspiracies" here, even as a joke in an off-topic forum.

Dycus
Honored Guest
The Oculus Lounge: "A forum for all off-topic discussions."

Technically, anything goes in here. If you guys can somehow manage to keep discussion civil, it can stay.

Anyway, 2012 was last year, Jose, just FYI...

drash
Heroic Explorer
Jose, just post a "thatsthejoke.jpg" and you're all set.

😄
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

kojack
MVP
MVP
The guy in the white suit meeting the aliens above looks like Rael from the Raelian movement.

When it comes to crazy ufo cults, the Raelians are the ones I find the least annoying.

I mean, just look at the boots the two in the pic above are wearing! I've never seen other cults or religions wearing giant sparkly silver and gold boots. I'm sold.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2