cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very strange color issues (chromatic aberration?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I first thought this was a chromatic aberration issues, and it might still be, but the funny thing is that in extended mode there is no problem at all. It's only visible in direct access mode. And this makes me think there is something else wrong.

I took some images directly through the lens. The first one is direct access mode, and the second is extended mode. It's from the demo scene, but I have the same problem in Titans of Space.

Do anybody else have this problem in direct access mode only? And why would it be in this mode only while the other is perfect?

36 REPLIES 36

LiamJones87
Honored Guest
I have this exact problem, but no luck yet 😞

LiamJones87
Honored Guest
yes only in direct mode only

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is not normal.

Can you guys list your OS and system specs and also upload a DxDiag file?

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LiamJones87
Honored Guest
I've fixed it by changing it to extended instead of direct access and by rotating my screen 90 degrees

but there must be a better solution surely because i need to do this every time i want to use the rift 😞

So I'm guessing it's something to do with direct or direct has issues with my system, though I'm waiting on a new system

well on some demos this solutions gives me a distorted shaky screen

cybereality
Grand Champion
Also, how are you plugging in the Rift?

Meaning what cables or adapters are you using and which port on the GPU are you using?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Acer Aspire V3-571G
Intel Core i7
GeForce GT 640M 2GB
8GB DDR3

Windows 7 x64

Running 0.4.2 with the 2.12 firmware.

Plugging it into the only HDMI port my laptop have with no adapters.

cybereality
Grand Champion
From what I've heard, this seem to be an issue with Intel integrated GPUs.

We will look into it further to see if there is any way to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is it the direct mode do to the Intel integrated GPU that the extended mode doesn't that makes this happen? If anything I would think the direct mode is bypassing it even more - but no? I hope you fix it because people are not going to stop using laptops with dual GPUs any time soon :geek:

LiamJones87
Honored Guest
Very true as intel integrated gpu's are in most laptops this does need to be fixed.