New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

MotorSport Revolution Now available on Steam

mugloremuglore Posts: 159
Hiro Protagonist
edited September 2014 in Games and Apps
We're happy to announce that our newest VR racing game, Motorsport Revolution is coming to Steam VR next Wednesday, September 17.

Link to the Steam Motorsport Revolution page http://store.steampowered.com/app/317080/

This release announcement officially launches the beta of our arcade racer that has been in development as a VR native title. Currently the game features a standard view mode for players that do not currently own a Rift Headset.

The current beta has been built with the Steam VR API and the Oculus 0.4.2 SDK, and is recommended for all users to update their existing hardware when loading the game.
da1d63_abf76e211b61414dab29ba736ce87511.png?dn=sig_oculus.png
Golf Masters DK2 Alpha, GOLF MASTERS

Comments

• forestguyforestguy Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    Hi, will it work in direct mode as standard or do we have to run this in extended mode?
  • Hey, great looking game, I just got a Logitech Driving Force GT and was wondering if it would be compatible with Motorsport Revolution. It works in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Live For Speed.
  • mugloremuglore Posts: 159
    Hiro Protagonist
    forestguy wrote:
    Hi, will it work in direct mode as standard or do we have to run this in extended mode?

It's been updated to the 0.4.2 SDk, so it should working either mode depending on your setup.
    forestguy wrote:

The beta has the most current Logitech support drivers, so it should work with all Logitech FF devices.

FYI: the Steam VR version of the game is a different .exe and uses the Steam VR SDK, the version on our site is made with the OVR SDK.
  • forestguyforestguy Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    Thanks...
  • rumpsrumps Posts: 11
    Hi, I've already purchased a licence so I was just wondering if when it's released people will get a steam key? Thanks.
  • Hicks613Hicks613 Posts: 321
    Nexus 6
    I'm looking for info on support with wheels/pedals.

I'm using Fanatec gear but I see above that you will be supporting Logitech.
  • sparkie14sparkie14 Posts: 381
    Nexus 6
    G25 and 27 at the minute i think.
    Hiro Protagonist
    rumps wrote:
    Hi, I've already purchased a licence so I was just wondering if when it's released people will get a steam key? Thanks.

Sure. Just use the contact form on our website to send us a request.

http://www.ghostmachinevr.com/#!contact/cvrh

Please include the email you used when you bought the alpha
    sparkie14 wrote:
    G25 and 27 at the minute i think.

All Logitech FF devices should be supported in the steam build, but we'll look into adding support for Fanatec wheels
  • rumpsrumps Posts: 11
    Will do, thanks.
  • AlricAlric Posts: 112
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thrustmaster T500 user here so don't forget us too ;)
  • I want to buy this.. But I have a very custom and mixed set of wheel / pedals / button boxes, so I can't use this if it only support "wheel by brand". I wish you could make input calibration like Live for Speed or iracing, where you can assign axis for steering and pedals and button inputs manually.
    Hiro Protagonist
    marman wrote:
    I want to buy this.. But I have a very custom and mixed set of wheel / pedals / button boxes, so I can't use this if it only support "wheel by brand". I wish you could make input calibration like Live for Speed or iracing, where you can assign axis for steering and pedals and button inputs manually.

We will certainly add that, but if you're only talking about input, then most 3rd party wheels will already work with the current setup. I'm just talking about the force feedback component, which is why you need the device drivers to communicate with that specific wheel.