cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech G430 headphones stop Oculus working

psychicparrot
Honored Guest
Of course, I had to go and order the type of headphones that would install a whole load of Logitech drivers onto my system and stop the tracker working didn't I? Just after I installed the headphones drivers, the head tracking stopped working.

I was able to remove all the drivers from my Windows 8 machine (had to go via Remove programs / uninstall rather than just in device manager) then I restarted and everything was OK.

I know that you guys are aware of Logitech drivers causing trouble, and I was able to fix it by uninstalling, but I thought you should add 'Logitech headphones' to the list of things that upset the system. Guess I'll be taking those back to the shop at the weekend, then!
4 REPLIES 4

tlopes
Honored Guest
I'd been hearing that lots of other Logitech drivers (for keyboards and mice and whatnot) have also been causing problems with the Oculus Rift. I wonder if someone from Logitech is aware of these issues?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Well we were aware of the Logitech mouse software causing conflicts, but the headphone driver issue is new to me. We'll be sure to make note of this if case other people have issues. This is also something which I believe we can release a patch to fix, but I am not sure when that could be available.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PremiumRumpus
Explorer
I've got a Logitech G9 mouse, G15 keyboard, and a G930 headset...

I'll let you know how it goes once my dev kit shows up, lol

😛

Saethan
Honored Guest
The G930 headset broke it for me - I just kill the LCore.exe process and unplug/replug all my USB devices, that lets the tracker work again, and headset still gets sound, just no surround sound 'til I restart the Logitech software. And I -bought- the wireless headset specifically because of the Rift, so I'd have one less set of cords running to my body. :lol: