cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you clone the DK2 and what is the Rift Enabler ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok with DK1 .. "there were not big problems" .. with DK2 .. LOTs of problems ..

The situation :

Win 8.1 running SDK 0.4.1 , Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, stuff done with DX11 ( this behavior also applies to the TInyRoom/World Demo ).

What one wants : be able to show full screen OR on a monitor display for people to see while someone else is using the DK2 at an exhibition.

In the past ( pre-DK2 ) : portrait, clone screen, alt-enter, job done.

Today :

Alt+enter, monitor goes full screen, tracking and all works, monitor displays, OR stop displaying freezing all, no running images on the DK2.

Another Alt+enter press seems to do something opening a strange window "Rift Enabler" everything freezes and crashes.

I have an exhibition coming in less than 10 days I yet have to find a solution to this .. suggestions ?

( last resort I can think of, try to open maybe the app window at full screen res and use window scaling ? )

Any help appreciated, the exhibition I should show this stuff is Replay 2014 coming 11/12 oct ...

Trust me I tried every possible setting/stuff under the sun can't find a way to have something working.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I just found a very simple solution my own, maybe not super amazing but it works, I changed those lines in this :

const int backBufferMultisample = 1;
bool UseAppWindowFrame = false; //(HMD->HmdCaps & ovrHmdCap_ExtendDesktop) ? false : true;
HWND window = Util_InitWindowAndGraphics(Recti(this->HMD->WindowsPos, this->HMD->Resolution),
FullScreen, backBufferMultisample, UseAppWindowFrame, &pDevice);

Forcing the UseAppWindowFrame = false; opens full screen, cool, job done 🙂

FisherDachs
Honored Guest
People have also had luck with this workflow:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2eer16/instructions_mirror_dk2_display_to_a_computer/

Personally, I'm still getting a black screen but maybe you'll have better luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable
.. wow .. so .. if I get this right you are "straming video from the OR into the display" or "worse" you are streaming video from the display into the OR using a third party tool ?

Well thankfully the 'trick' I found out does what I needed and looks like it's not impacting ( much ? ) lag/performance.

[edit] - actually the other interesting question would be how you do so it *ONLY* displays on the OR DK2 and NOT in the desktop display as well ? ( To save performance/time ? ).

eagleeyez
Protege
"GilesGoat" wrote:
.. wow .. so .. if I get this right you are "straming video from the OR into the display" or "worse" you are streaming video from the display into the OR using a third party tool ?

Well thankfully the 'trick' I found out does what I needed and looks like it's not impacting ( much ? ) lag/performance.

[edit] - actually the other interesting question would be how you do so it *ONLY* displays on the OR DK2 and NOT in the desktop display as well ? ( To save performance/time ? ).

Press the M key while in direct mode