cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orientation tracking judders after reboot

BlindMidget
Honored Guest
Hi, I received my Oculus DK2 yesterday and I followed the instructions to make it work.

At one point, I installed the Oculus Runtime for Windows and it told me to reboot to complete the installation, but I didn't want to reboot at that moment. and after that everything was working flawlessly (except the fact that the Direct to HMD feature was disabled in the Config Utility advanced settings). I also needed to rotate the Oculus display in the desktop manager in order to make it show correctly and that way I had no mean of duplicating the display. But every sensor was functional and I was please.

Then I rebooted. The Direct to HMD was then available and it was perfect for duplicating the image on my screen and on the HMD at the same time. The only problem now is that the orientation tracking is juddering horribly, which was perfect before reboot. I am not sure if it is linked to the fact that the Oculus Runtime needed that reboot, or if it is something else on my computer that caused the orientation tracking to be that poor.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

TLDR: After I installed the Oculus Runtime for Windows but before rebooting, the sensor worked flawlessly. But after reboot (because Oculus Runtime asked me to reboot), orientation tracking judders. Does someone knows why?
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for posting your experience. I have shared this with the team.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you uninstall JUST the Oculus display driver (NOT the run-time) and see if that fixes the judder?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BlindMidget
Honored Guest
I would like to, but I can't find how to do this

BlindMidget
Honored Guest
If it can help somehow, everything works well in the demo scene, but in almost every game I tried so far, my head movements make the image jitter a lot. But still, the image is fluid when I move my mouse to rotate the view.

Do you think it is more like an issue that every game is not well optimized?

I've tried Crystal Rift, Dark Deception, Don't Let Go, Rift Coaster and Windlands, but only Crystal Rift did not make the image jitter when turning the head.