New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Titans of Space - A Guided Tour (Original DK1 version)

Comments

• hellaryhellary Posts: 236
    Hiro Protagonist
    I can't wait to try this out on my DK2, it looks awesome (having viewed a YouTube video of it). However, the closeness of the planets makes me wince a little. Having worked for several years towards a PhD in planet formation doing loads of formation simulations, I can't help but think about how they would actually react when spaced so closely together!! :lol: :geek:
  • diogofigueiredodiogofigueiredo Posts: 161
    Art3mis
    It was a great pleasure being able to help, at least a tiny bit, such an amazing project, Drash. As I mentioned before, I just want it to be accessible for more people.
    You rock, man!
    Owner of a DK2 since October 2014.
    Anxiously waiting for the delivery of the CV1.
  • KiWiKaKiKiWiKaKi Posts: 12
    lets goooo we need it for dk2!
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,634 Valuable Player
    Yes, come on drash, what is a DK2 without Titans of Space?

:D
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,840
    Trinity
    Working on it as we speak! Lots of interesting little challenges popping up. :)
    TitansOfSpacePlus_CoverArt_VRLandscape5_60p.png
  • mdkmdk Posts: 356
    drash wrote:

My DK2 is estimated to arrive Thursday. I think that sounds like a reasonable deadline. :D :D :D
  • mrgreen72mrgreen72 Posts: 683
    Art3mis
    mdk wrote:
    drash wrote:

My DK2 is estimated to arrive Thursday. I think that sounds like a reasonable deadline. :D :D :D
    Reasonable? Are you serious?

That's nonsense. Tomorrow is a reasonable deadline. :lol:
  • ZaroZaro Posts: 7
    I'm going to have my DK2 tonight, i'll be able to download the new version ;)

Seriously, this demo is a must have, it need to be seen by everyone. Great work!
  • camstercamster Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    Deadline smegline,
    I will have mine by end of work today. let's be having the best Oculus experience so far please Drash.. Love you lol
  • dusty44dusty44 Posts: 51
    We need this! I donated $10 so go buy some redbull and burn the midnight oil!
    Trinity
    dusty44 wrote:
    We need this! I donated $10 so go buy some redbull and burn the midnight oil!
    Very generous, thank you! :o I'm going as fast as I can, and hopefully it will be ready by this weekend.
    Art3mis
    Meanwhile in Murrieta...

stressed-coder.jpg
    Trinity
    mrgreen72 wrote:
    Meanwhile in Murrieta...
    You know, if you replace the soda with a Starbucks drink, and give the guy a little more facial hair, that's pretty much spot on! :D

Life and dayjob are throwing up some obstacles, so I'm currently doubting my ability to finish everything I want to finish by the weekend, but will try.

Edit: If anyone wants to volunteer their time to translate the new text into Italian, please PM me.
  • HOOOOOOLY COW!! :o

I'm sure you (Mister developer :D ) have already read many of the reactions in this thread, so if I just went ahead and said that I was blown away, you might think "ah well... heard that one before..." – so let me just report three 'incidents':

1. When I passed Saturn and went straight for Uranus, my knees started to shiver like hell and I was quite a bit intimidated.

2. When I was out near Pluto, I felt absolutely stranded out in space (the music was always SO spot on, brilliant!).

3. So then there was the conclusion of our solar system... or so I THOUGHT when I was taken back to the sun after Pluto. BUT THEN :shock: :o ... the first red giant appeared and I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED!!! ffearxacgw.gif I almost had to stop at that particular moment because of... yeah well... fear, I guess! :mrgreen:

I just thought "if there's going to be a black hole later on, too, I'm gonna die!!" :shock: (because I already get terrified every time I see visual representations of black holes in documentaries on TV).

Long story short: AMAZING WORK!! Thanks so much for this experience!
  • likwidteklikwidtek Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I did not have a DK1 and I've heard so much about this. I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for all of your hard work.
    yq40gwM.jpg
  • PsyQoPsyQo Posts: 31
    drash wrote:
    mrgreen72 wrote:
    Meanwhile in Murrieta...
    You know, if you replace the soda with a Starbucks drink, and give the guy a little more facial hair, that's pretty much spot on! :D

Life and dayjob are throwing up some obstacles, so I'm currently doubting my ability to finish everything I want to finish by the weekend, but will try.

I'll get my DK2 tomorrow, but no matter when you finish the DK2 version of ToS; I've just donated you a Starbucks drink + small snack.
    Thanks for all the VR amazements I got while demo'ing ToS with the DK1!
  • squibbfiresquibbfire Posts: 26
    So drash ... My guess is you are doing a full compile in sdk 0.4.0?
    Direct to rift and all? :shock: :D
    If your busy doing that don't bother replying...WORK FASTER!!!! :lol: :lol:
  • DanielAndersenDanielAndersen Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I know you're probably focused on getting a DK2 version ready, but I wanted to post another suggestion when you have the time for it.

Would you be able to make a "mini-tour" setting for this? Maybe skipping the moons, something that can be played through in about 2-4 minutes? Titans of Space is one of my favorite VR experiences, and I want to show it to more people, but it's hard to do so when I'm showing groups and each one wants to take the whole long trip.
  • TapGamesTapGames Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Would you be able to make a "mini-tour" setting for this? Maybe skipping the moons, something that can be played through in about 2-4 minutes? Titans of Space is one of my favorite VR experiences, and I want to show it to more people, but it's hard to do so when I'm showing groups and each one wants to take the whole long trip.

+1
    Art3mis
    TapGames wrote:

+1
    +2
  • SirBuckeyeSirBuckeye Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just donated $10 because my DK2 is arriving today and I NEED Titans of Space. I need it so bad, drash.
  • likwidteklikwidtek Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I know you're probably focused on getting a DK2 version ready, but I wanted to post another suggestion when you have the time for it.

+3, sounds like a good idea
    yq40gwM.jpg
  • totallymichaeltotallymichael Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    $10 donation from me as well. Titans of Space has been in my top 3 for a while now. I received my DK2 yesterday and I cannot wait to try it out.
  • qsekqsek Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 2014
    Where can i donate to drash?
    Trinity
    A mini-tour setting is already included in the new upcoming update. There will be an option to switch between "Complete" and "Compact" tours. I hope that gives you (and TapGames and mrgreen72 and likwidtek) what you are looking for.
    if I just went ahead and said that I was blown away, you might think "ah well... heard that one before..."
    Haha... thanks for making me laugh. :) I'm happy with any feedback even if it's already been said. Glad to hear about your "incidents!"
    PsyQo wrote:
    I've just donated you a Starbucks drink + small snack.
    Thank you! I'm going to go for a Venti this time. :D
    SirBuckeye wrote:
    Just donated $10 because my DK2 is arriving today and I NEED Titans of Space. I need it so bad, drash.
    Congrats on your DK2 arrival! Hasn't been long and there's already starting to be plenty of DK2 demos coming out of the woodwork. Many thanks for the donation.
    $10 donation from me as well.
    Another one killing me with kindness, thank you very much!
  • PsyQoPsyQo Posts: 31
    qsek wrote:
    Where can i donate to drash?

At the bottom of the Titans of Space website is a tip jar.
  • steam25steam25 Posts: 61
    Brain Burst
    it would be nice if you can give us a spectated time. i am hitting the refresh button every 3 minutes for this topic and go crazy cause i have my DK2 since a week and TOS should be my first time in the rift. how dare you let titles like tuscany boring to death titles take my VR virginity? :cry:

:mrgreen:

i dont expect a absolute exact time. but i could stop drinking coffee here and hit F5 every second if you say it will not before tuesday or so...
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,244 Valuable Player
    I gave up my VR virginity to the "desk with potted plants" demo. :?

really looking forward to Titans, though... everyone knows that the first time isn't the best! :P
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • steam25steam25 Posts: 61
    Brain Burst
    yes but i feel like a 50 years old hooker when titans of space come out finally for DK2... :cry: :cry: :cry:
    i tried EVERY DEMO like 100 times here. its freaggin 4 morning here in china and every day and night i refresh these 3 pages...

who do the same???

- http://wearvr.com/ (switch to DK2 on left top)

- http://www.theriftarcade.com/oculus-rift-dk2-supported-games/

- viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1544
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh please dont tell me i am the only one doing that every free minute ?!?!?
  • coindropcoindrop Posts: 21
    I also found the donate button, so get cracking! ;)
    It was my favorite Rift experience when I tried the Dev1 for the first time, just fantastic. Looking so much forward to try it again.