cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large black area on one eye

Slick
Honored Guest
I received my DK2 today, and had no trouble setting it up. However I noticed a large black area on one of the eyes of the Rift. Its a fairly large area (maybe 5% of the screen), and it has sharp edges. It's located to the bottom left in my vision, but it seems like it's the right eye of the rift that has the fault.

Have anyone seen anything like this?
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you take a photo of the issue?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Slick
Honored Guest
Yep, here you go:

http://tinypic.com/r/scqhyh/8

Slick
Honored Guest
The size of the area varies with the view angle. It was hard to capture with my iPhone.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's not normal at all.

Does it also happen on your desktop (for example, in Extended mode)?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Slick
Honored Guest
It's there constantly.

It's become apparant to me that this is a defect. How do I go about replacing it?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you take a video as well? Phone should be fine to do this, just take out the lens on the Rift. Please use the Tuscany demo.

The part that interests me is that you say it changes based on the angle (are you talking about head-tracking?). If it were simply a series of dead pixels, they would not move around but stay static.

After you take the video, you can also contact support and we may be able to help further.

Thanks.

Slick
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
Can you take a video as well? Phone should be fine to do this, just take out the lens on the Rift. Please use the Tuscany demo.

The part that interests me is that you say it changes based on the angle (are you talking about head-tracking?). If it were simply a series of dead pixels, they would not move around but stay static.

After you take the video, you can also contact support and we may be able to help further.

Thanks.

I figured it out. It was a piece of tape on the inside of the lenses that was loose, and wobbled around as i moved my head. I attached the tape, problem solved.

Thanks, though, for replying.