SDK 043 wrong performance in Unity

viewport
Protege
Testing in Viewport Architectural Visualization Project for DK2:

Before with SDK 0.4.1 = 120 fps
Current SDK 0.4.3 = 34 fps (average)

I have tried:
- Full replace old OVR Stuffs
- Toggle camera possition ON / OFF , Time Warp ON / OFF.
- Remove all custom scripts

System:
Windows 8.1
Unity PRO 4.5.0f6
Geforce GTX 680

The current application compiled with 0.4.1 in Oculus Share is crashing with runtime 0.4.3
Tnks for comments
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
The issue with 0.4.1 compiled apps crashing with 0.4.3 runtime is known. You will have to recompile with the latest SDK and re-upload the files.

In terms of the performance drop, I am not sure about that. Can you try creating a minimal app (i.e. a box on a plane) and see if the performance is still low?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

viewport
Protege
Tnks Cyber for your answer,
Yes I have tried start with a fresh and simple scene, and even though you get a great FPS, it is not as it use to be (like 20% less), I have also tried with a new version of Unity (4.5.5) and it is the same issue.

I would like also to comment , when the fps goes under 75fps, I get a new kind of motion blur, more like a delayed and ghostly double image. (I haven't seen this before)

It is not a big problem in general, but in my particular application, I was developing to get just above of 75 fps in my Geforce GTX 680, so now there are some areas where the performance drops under a bit, like 65fps, wich is quite noticeable due to the motion blur I mentioned above, is quite brutal.

I have submited the application again in 0.4.3.1 anyway (Viewport Architectural Visualization).
Tnks again

cybereality
Grand Champion
"viewport" wrote:
I would like also to comment , when the fps goes under 75fps, I get a new kind of motion blur, more like a delayed and ghostly double image. (I haven't seen this before)

Yes, I have seen this and it drives me nuts. Trying to get someone here to look into it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

viewport
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
"viewport" wrote:

Yes, I have seen this and it drives me nuts. Trying to get someone here to look into it.

Great to hear it!!, Would be great if you also take a look to the bug in OVR Manager --> "Use Position Tracking (toggle off)" only works inside Unity, once you build it for PC, is broken (always Enable).

Thank you again.

mvoosten
Protege
The double images don't seem to be just Unity related. I found that since the 4.3 update a wide ranges of apps suffer from double images with head movement that are not just unity related. It seems to matter what the distance is to the subject. Closer objects seem heavier effected.
Apps with noticable issues with the double images:
- Assetto Corsa
-Alien
- Project Cars