cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 4.3 and 4.3.1 blues

ColinB
Adventurer
From reading through the various forums here it is very obvious that these latest updates and fixes have been and still are causing the most problems.
Not only for gamers but for those using Unity and other engines.
The general fix is to downgrade to an earlier version 4.2 or before..or so it would seem by the many, many posts.
Now rolling back to previous runtimes etc does not seem the way things should be fixed!

My question is: What has 4.3 and 4.3.1 actually fixed in practical terms for you?
Not in theoretical Oculus PDF terms but in actual use?
Has anyone benefited much from this update and what benefits are there?
What have people found really bad about these updates?
1 REPLY 1

drash
Heroic Explorer
I can't speak for everyone, but the 0.4.3.1 SDK (the Unity integration, that is) fixed all the main issues that I personally saw pop up with the 0.4.3 SDK, and generally improved things beyond where they were in 0.4.2 (such as things more likely to work in the Editor, not needing to switch between Direct and Extended all the time, etc). The thick vignette issue that popped up in 0.4.3 is no longer an issue for developers building with 0.4.3.1. Lots of the new demos coming out now tend to "just work" moreso than before, although there's obviously still a ton of edge cases remaining from what I read.

From what I've seen, demos build with the 0.4.3.1 Unity integration seem to work well for players running either the 0.4.2 or the 0.4.3 Runtime, though I suspect that latency is further improved with the 0.4.3 runtime. And generally, the Unity integration changed quite a bit in 0.4.3 compared to earlier 0.4.x versions so you'll want to take that into consideration before making the leap.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com