New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

SpaceEngine

124»

Comments

• PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    @SpaceEngineer
    Thread bookmarked - Hope to enjoy the labours from your dedication and enthusiasm for VR v-soon. Keep up the good work B)
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
  • SpaceEngineerSpaceEngineer Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Ok I generated few Steam keys for you guys (see PM). Are here someone with Oculus Touch and HTC Vive?

Latest update on Steam, focused mostly on HTC Vive:

Controls:
    - Red controller ("Vive controller 1" in the controls settings menu):
    --- point moving direction with red laser ray, press trigger to fly in that direction
    --- point GUI elements with red laser ray, press trigger to activate element
    --- change moving speed by slide touchpad vertically
    --- drag/rotate view/object while holding grip buttons
    --- toggle main menu with menu button
    - Green controller ("Vive controller 2" in the controls settings menu):
    --- point object with green laser ray, press trigger to select it (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET - Oculus method is used)
    --- go to selected object by pressing touchpad button
    --- change stereobase by bring hands together gesture while holding grip buttons
    --- toggle orbits with menu button

Suggestions:
    - Enable velocity pointer - it helps to see current velocity while adjusting it
    - Toggle orbits when zooming (changing stereobase) at planetary system level - it helps with navigation
    - Double press green touchpad for faster flight to selected object
    - You may force usage of Oculus or SteamVR runtime in the main-user.cfg (VRRuntime parameter)

Known issues:
    - Oculus Rift doesn't work through SteamVR (idk why, at least my DK2 with 1.6 runtime doesn't work). If you are Oculus user, force Oculus runtime in main-user.cfg (set VRRuntime to 1)
    - Interface interferes sometimes, must be implemented as toolbars near the controllers
    - In Oculus, interaction with interface is only possible using mouse
    - To see velocity/stereobase value while adjusting them, you must look at the interface
    - Velocity changes together with stereobase, but maybe too slowly
    - Rotating view with mouse/joystick is occurred around zero pose point, not around headset position
    - Rotating view with red controller is occurred around zero pose point, not around controller position
    - Selection with green ray doesn't work. Used Oculus method (selection with view direction)
    - When pressing trigger in GUI, camera start moving
    - Impossible to configure controllers if SE is not in VR mode
    - Labels, information billboard and other billboards are not render at correct depth
    - Controller models are not render at correct depth at increased stereobase
    - Lens fares have some glitches

• Manav08Manav08 Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    thanks downloading now :)
    Brain Burst
    In addition to the above issues I just wanted to add a few items which others can confirm:

1. 3D effect is not overly pronounce or am I expecting too much?
    2. Space is not black there is residue colour leak, I get red or green tinge. Maybe I need to play with brightness and contrast are these options available in menu?.
    3. Occasional crashes/stability issues but this my Space Engine related and not Oculus.
    Brain Burst
    Manav08, do you have CV1 worked with SE? There are multiple reports about incompatibility of this build with CV1.
    1. 3D effect of course noticeable only on planet surface or near space ship. Or if you increase the stereobase.
    2. Space is indeed not black in Vive, don't know about CV1. But it is pretty black in DK2, although there is black smearing effect visible. Maybe OpenVR and Oculus SDK have forced gray ambient to fix black smearing. I would like to know how do disable it, be SpaceEngine is a game what really needs good black color.
    3. Yeah, SpaceEngine have some issues with stability.
    Brain Burst
    Yes my CV1 worked with Space Engine no issues for me on Win10  :)

1. Ok I'll try to increase Stereobase
    2. Yeah could be grey smearing effect; really need contrast settings or colour settings so filters can be applied
    3. No comments on stability it worked mostly fine
    Brain Burst
    Did someone tried to run Oculus through SteamVR by setting VRRuntime to 2 in SE config file? I have reports about weird glitches such as flipped image. I failed to test it with DK2 because of some errors in SteamVR, I need to reinstall all software. Unfortunately I can't continue VR development until October.
    Brain Burst
    I'll test this out for you! I ran it via STEAM without any setting and changed it to VR mode in main and menu and then put on my CV1
    Brain Burst
    Manav08 said:
    I'll test this out for you! I ran it via STEAM without any setting and changed it to VR mode in main and menu and then put on my CV1
    In this case (default settings) SE first checks if Oculus SDK exist, and start in native Oculus mode. But I asking about testing in SteamVR mode (VRRuntime 2). Does Oculus works in SE through SteamVR, not through native Oculus driver?
  • HornetHornet Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi Space Engineer, SE is amazing piece of software. It must be popularised and it will be really famous with the time. You are happy man !  
     I am used SE with my DK2 and it was amazing, but now with CV1 i cannot use it , i cannot find it on Steam have no code... I dont know what i can do that i can it test with CV1 now. My current oculus runtime is new (1.7 or 1.8, i dont know exactly). Can you help me. Thanks СПОСИБО. 
  • carlmessycarlmessy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oh man I am dying to try this out!
    Brain Burst
    Manav08 said:
    In this case (default settings) SE first checks if Oculus SDK exist, and start in native Oculus mode. But I asking about testing in SteamVR mode (VRRuntime 2). Does Oculus works in SE through SteamVR, not through native Oculus driver?

How would I check this? It doesn't show up in Steam VR if that helps....
    Brain Burst
    >How would I check this? It doesn't show up in Steam VR if that helps....
    In SpaceEngine config file. It can be found here:
    <Steam folder>\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngine\config\main-user.cfg
  • Hodders67Hodders67 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist

Hi Space Engineer how do I go about having a look at your very interesting software? ive looked on steam and its not visible

• OculurmasterOculurmaster Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello, can someone tell me if "Space Engine" works with the latest Oculus Software, because i get an error not detecting the HMD.

cheers,
    J
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 792
    3Jane
    This is deader than dead. I am checking back since....forever..and it's still 0.9.8.2 and doesn't support CV1.
    Brain Burst
    Project is not dead, it is in a closed beta test stage on Steam. It supports HTC Vive and CV1 (but not Touch - I haven't the hardware). Latest released version on the website is 0.9.8.0, it using Oculus runtime 0.8.
  • FieldOfVisionFieldOfVision Posts: 206 Oculus Start Member
    This looks really promising! Keep up the good work! 

Check out our VR games here: www.FieldOf.Vision
  • jakob091jakob091 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Sorry for the lil bump, but if we wanna try Space Engine in VR (CV1), do we need to downgrade to a 0.8 runtime is that correct? I really enjoyed SE and couldn't wait to try it in VR but as many, I cannot run it with up-to-date software.
  • AGL1AGL1 Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    Yes some more feedback from the SpaceEngineer would be great ;)
  • Devlin-DarksideDevlin-Darkside Posts: 130
    Art3mis
    Awesome thread, awesome people, awesome app.....
  • Antza2Antza2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Great news guys! SpaceEngine is coming on Steam, release is soon!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/314650/SpaceEngine/
    Brain Burst
    SpaceEngine 0.990 has been released on Steam! Now with full Oculus and Vive support.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/314650/SpaceEngine/

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 937
    3Jane
    Just added this to my Steam Library...
    Happy to support independent developers :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,488 Volunteer Moderator
    +1 looks amazing and it'll look even more so in my reverb. Thanks @SpaceEngineer
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.