cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.4.4 Positional Tracker Driver Not Installing

ralphscott
Honored Guest
When i updated to the new 0.4.4 drivers, the positional tracker does not install. Everything else seems to work fine.

I find that i can force the old 0.4.2 positional tracker drivers to install, and that at least the desktop demo application runs okay.

Even when i try to manually point to the .inf file, windows does not recognize the new driver as being for the positional tracker camera. I am on windows 7, 32 bit.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but in the old working .INF file, i see these lines
[Manufacturer]
%ManufacturerName%=Standard,NTx86

[Standard.NTx86]
%OCUSBVID.DeviceDesc%=OCUSBVID_Device, USB\VID_1E4E&PID_0109&MI_00
%OCUSBVID.DeviceDesc%=OCUSBVID_Device, USB\VID_2833&PID_0201&MI_00

but in the non-working .INF file i see these instead.
[Manufacturer]
%ManufacturerName%=Standard,NTamd64

[Standard.NTamd64]
%OCUSBVID.DeviceDesc%=OCUSBVID_Device, USB\VID_1E4E&PID_0109&MI_00
%OCUSBVID.DeviceDesc%=OCUSBVID_Device, USB\VID_1E4E&PID_0568&MI_00
%OCUSBVID.DeviceDesc%=OCUSBVID_Device, USB\VID_2833&PID_0201&MI_00

The 64 worries me. Are there seperate drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit?
2 REPLIES 2

WillyWilky
Honored Guest
I am running Windows 8.1 32 bit and when trying to manually update the positional driver I too get a message indicating that the driver is not for 32 bit systems.

I will now try the driver from the previous build.

koroboff
Honored Guest
got same problem here with my DK1.
after installing oculus_runtime_rev_1_sdk_0.4.4_win and restarting the system it shows configuration error "this app requires the 0.4.4 version of the Oculus Runtime".
Oculus Configuration Utility says that "No Device Attached", although I can see Rift DK as number 1 display in the list of displays (can fix it by selecting "Extend Desktop to HMD" in Rift Display Mode).
also my SteamVR says that "there appears to be an Oculus Head-Mounted Display attached but connecting to the Oculus Runtime failed", so I can't start VR mode in TF2 'cause it's "disabled" (although Oculus World Demo runs perfectly well).
got Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.