cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes Movies on Gear VR

jodyrbrennan
Explorer
Does anyone know how to export downloaded movies from iTunes onto the Note 4 so I would be able to watch them in the cinema?
14 REPLIES 14

Nepheler
Honored Guest
There're lots of DRM removals online, just google it. Btw, I was a little curious that do you want to transfer the itunes video to gear vr in 2D? Why choose 2D movies on it?

emma24xia
Honored Guest
iTunes movies are DRM protected and can only be allowed to play on Apple devices. If you wanna watch iTunes movies on Gear VR, you need remove DRM protection from iTunes movies, then transfer to Galaxy Note 4 for Gear VR.

rushmore69
Honored Guest
"Nepheler" wrote:
There're lots of DRM removals online, just google it. Btw, I was a little curious that do you want to transfer the itunes video to gear vr in 2D? Why choose 2D movies on it?

I can answer this 🙂 There are not anywhere near as many 3D movies to choose and 2D movies look fine on the Gear VR and even better on some generic VR headsets since less screen door effect.

In regards to "3D", I avoid 3D movies in theaters already since 99.99% are post production 3D and actually distract from the visual experience for me (and cost a LOT more too). 3D is only two planes anyway, so unless the movie was made in 3D, it comes across IMO as lame. Even on the Gear and generic VR, I find non 3D movies more appealing.

Avatar is one of the few TRUE movies created in 3D, but the actual movie to me comes across as a bad Dances With Wolves clone. Dances With Giant Smurfs 🙂

FryhmeMiller
Honored Guest
Movies downloaded from iTunes are encrypted by DRM protection. These files with .m4v extension can be transfer to Note 4 via USB cable or cloud services. But you will find these movies can't be played on your Note 4. To make them playable, you need to convert these protected iTunes M4V video to the format supported by your Samsung Note 4. I think you can get some idea from the tutorial: http://www.convertanymusic.com/tutorials/transfer-itunes-movie-to-galaxy-s7.html

FryhmeMiller
Honored Guest
Movies downloaded from iTunes are encrypted by DRM protection. These files with .m4v extension can be transfer to Note 4 via USB cable or cloud services. But you will find these movies can't be played on your Note 4. To make them playable, you need to convert these protected iTunes M4V video to the format supported by your Samsung Note 4. I think you can get some idea from the tutorial: http://www.convertanymusic.com/tutorials/transfer-itunes-movie-to-galaxy-s7.html

eunice_carey
Honored Guest
The way for me to convert iTunes M4V is to use a DRM removal tool to remove iTunes DRM protection at first. Since all iTunes purchased or rented videos are combined with Fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. If you are eager to enjoy all these videos on non-Apple devices like android phone, Windows media player, LG smart TV, etc. You may have to get rip of DRM protection at first. The DRM removal program is designed for all iTunes users to remove DRM protection and convert videos from M4V to MP4 at the faster speed with zero loss quality. 

Torence
Honored Guest
As for me, I'm used to convert iTunes movies with DRM Media Converter for Mac. Since all iTunes movies are in M4V which DRM protected, making it impossible to be played on Apple unauthorized devices like Google play, Amazon fire TV, Android phone, etc. Even you have paid for it, there is no right for you to re-encode or share it to other devices. Fortunately, now there are so many DRM removal tools are available on the Internet, you can choose one to crack DRM protection and convert videos from M4V to MP4 and multiple compatible formats without hampering the quality. After conversion, it will be much easier for you to enjoy all these videos on any devices freely. Learn its detail functions on here. Good luck. 

AshleyJ_Hare
Honored Guest
You need a video converter. Because the video you downloaded from iTunes will have DRM-protection, so you need to download them successfully first! Using DumpMedia Video Downloader, you can download it on your computer local files, and then you can move it to your Note4!