cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Mode not working

Daylen
Honored Guest
Hello,
I recently got my Rift DK2 and after trying out a few demos I wanted to start Elite: Dangerous which officially supports the DK2. The juddering was horrible in direct mode so I switched to extended and it worked. Once. It stopped working after I updated my AMD graphics driver to the latest version so I went back to Catalyst 14.9. Still not working. If I run the game in direct mode I can select "Oculus mode" under the 3D options in the ingame graphics options. In extended I can only select Anaglyph and Side-by-Side.

As far as I can judge this it's a software issue. Also my tracking camera does not light up when I switch to extended mode. It does however turn on in direct mode. Is this the way it should work? The pinned guide in this forums says that AMD Catalyst 14.4 is the most stable with Oculus. Can somebody confirm that or is it already an old info?

Edit: This is what my Config looks like when I switch to extended. I can't test/adjust anything. In driect mode everything is accessible.

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's strange that everything is grayed out. I can check to see why this would happen.

If you are on AMD graphics then 14.4 is still the best one to use (newer versions may or may not work 100%).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Daylen
Honored Guest
Re-Installing Windows 8.1 fixed everything. I know it's not the way how it should work and most users won't do it just to get their Rift running. But I had planned to do it anyway because I bought a new SSD for my OS. As far as I can tell it was a problem with AMD's Catalyst driver. I was unable to downgrade it back to 14.4, even after uninstalling 14.9 and running CCleaner. Now I can finally enjoy my Rift.