cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 Crash in Team Fortress 2 and Half Life 2

avantguard
Honored Guest
I read that the steam based games have had a lot of support and run extremely well on the oculus, however I have had no such luck. I can run Team fortress 2 flawlessly for about 10 minutes and at that time it crashes my computer and forces a reboot. In Half Life 2 the game starts the splash logo "half life 2" in VR for about 2 seconds,immediately goes back to displaying without support, and plays the intro cinematic. As soon as the intro reaches the subway car, in which you gain control of your character, the game crashes and forces reboot. I've tried updating the oculus sdk, my video card drivers and switching in between launching from steamVR and manual start(includes running in extended mode). I'm not sure what to try next as this issue doesn't seem to exist for these games when searching online. If anyone has any suggestions or fixes that would be extremely helpful.

My System Info:
========================
Oculus SDK : 0.4.4
Nvidia GPU Drivers: 347.09
========================
CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
RAM: 8GB
Display: Single Monitor 1900x1080 60hz (Westinghouse ld-2240)
1 REPLY 1

wballii
Honored Guest
Same thing happened for Me though I get maybe five minutes on TF2. runs fine, then hardlocks and i have to hard reboot, the second time actually corrupted something cause the machine no longer boots, will reinstall tonight. It also happens to a Friend's on his desktop. I'll see if i can get him to post.

OS win 8.1
Ram 32gb ddr3-1333
CPU AMD FX8370
GPU1 AMD HD7870 Eyefinity 6
Displays 6x Dell 2414H 24 in IPS
GPU2 AMD HD7870 2GB
Display DK2