cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting picture on my main monitor anymore

shitlauk
Honored Guest
Hi there!

I just tried to set up my new dk2 for the first time, and I'm having some problems. I had installed everything, downloaded a demo and the oculus was showing up as connected. I then selected direct mode in the settings, and started the demo. My main monitor went black, but I didn't get any picture in the oculus either. Disconnecting the oculus did not return the picture to my main monitor, so I rebooted my computer.

I'm not able to get any image on my main monitor at all. Safe mode works fine, and I've tried to uninstall all the oculus software and reboot, but I'm still not getting any image. I can hear sounds just fine.

Any advice? 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
I would guess you are on an AMD GPU. In that case you may have to revert to Catalyst 14.4.

If that doesn't work, I would go into safe-mode and remove the following:

Go here in regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Delete any upper or lower filters that have riftenabler.sys
Next, go to C:\Windows\System32\ and do a file search for riftenabler.sys and delete them all.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

shitlauk
Honored Guest
Thanks alot! I should have thought about something as simple as reinstalling the graphics driver. I have nvidia gpu btw.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. I haven't heard of this on Nvidia yet. Can you provide a DxDiag text file?

I would like to know your OS version, system specs, and GPU driver version.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

shitlauk
Honored Guest
Here is the dxdiag file.

I use the 344.75 nvidia driver now, but I used the newest one when the error occured.

I also had to do a system restore to reinstall the oculus drivers after I uninstalled them. I kept getting an error message that I didnt have the oculus drivers installed, even though I reinstalled the oculus runtime software many times. Also tried to remove oculus related things from registry, but eventually just did a system restore to a point right before I first installed the runtime software. Now everything works as they should. 🙂

Essjaythegreat
Honored Guest
I have been having this problem also, i have two r9 290's in xfire and its very hit and miss when I turn on my rift, sometimes it works sometimes i get black screens then i have to do a hard reset, when it is working all is fine until i reboot or turn off and on, then i have to go through the whole rigmarole over again.. Can be a bit annoying

Essjaythegreat
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
I would guess you are on an AMD GPU. In that case you may have to revert to Catalyst 14.4.

If that doesn't work, I would go into safe-mode and remove the following:

Go here in regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Delete any upper or lower filters that have riftenabler.sys
Next, go to C:\Windows\System32\ and do a file search for riftenabler.sys and delete them all.

I tried this, it didn't work, still experiencing black screens 😞