cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger character count for reviews on share.

Anonymous
Not applicable
500 characters isn't near enough.

It's not so bad for "this is great" reviews, but if you're trying to point out issues or bugs with a demo to a developer or warn other users of issues a demo might have in the comments it's not nearly enough.

The comments need about a 2k character limit. It doesn't have to allow for a huge wall of text, but 500 characters is barely enough to say "Hello. I like this game," much less explain what something that isn't working right is doing wrong. It would allow for a much more in depth feedback, both positive and constructive, from users and that's important.

This isn't Twitter we're talking about here. The feature is there to provide feedback to the devs and reviews for potential downloaders. It would be nice if the reviews allowed enough characters to actually do that with. We don't need enough to write an essay, but enough to make a well thought out paragraph or two would be nice. We can barely get one small paragraph's worth in with only 500 characters. It would definitely help improve feedback from users to devs on the site as well as allow for more detailed reviews with more useful information beyond "I like this, you should download it."

Bump up that limit a bit, it's text, it can't possibly be a huge chunk of memory we're talking about here. A 2k character limit is more than reasonable.
2 REPLIES 2

McFaulTech
Explorer
agreed, I had an instance today where I needed to describe what was causing an input problem for people on a demo. No matter how much I tried I couldn't convey it in 500 characters. :roll: little searching around the forums and was able to help a few, but there was no official thread for it other then on Oculus Share.
Gigabyte Z97-i5 4670, 8gb 1600mhz G.Skill, crossfired 7970 3gb, EVGA g2 1300 PSU WHERE IS THE VR BASS FISHING???

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for your feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV