cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus led flashes blue/orange - Ubuntu 14.10

mimetica
Honored Guest
Hey everyone,

I have things partially working with the DK2 on Ubuntu 14.10 using nvidia 346 drivers, the display shows in the nvidia-settings panel and seems to be reporting it's details ok but something a little odd occurs. On OS start up the oculus display shows an extended desktop (currently set to shared x screen 0 with oculus as secondary display), the blue led shows as solid for about 20 or so seconds, then it flashes amber-blue for a bit, the timing of which changes a little, slows, then stays solid amber (display is now off).

It seems indicative of some display mode failing or possibly a frequency/resolution being sent to the oculus that it doesn't like using but I'm not sure, either way the display won't go back on until I restart the machine.

Thought I'd check if this is a known thing with anyone before I dig further, has anyone seen this?
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
When I've heard of the blue/orange flashes, usually this was a bad cable (or defective device).

However, it's possible there is a software issue. Any chance of trying on a Windows machine?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mimetica
Honored Guest
Thanks that what I was thinking it might be too, and hoping it's not. I'll try a windows box first thing tomorrow, will let you know how I go.

I've posted another issue which is possibly connected but I am currently thinking it is separate.

Eledhel
Honored Guest
I'm also the person above (having trouble getting an account deleted so that I have one to post from at work).

Plugged it back into a win machine and the hardware is fine, it's just not playing ball in Ubuntu.

I'm going to rebuild the box with 14.04, I am assuming at the moment that the comment in another post about supporting 12.04 is just a typo since I can see 14.04 in the readme.

Eledhel
Honored Guest
Ok I've built a new 14.04 and rebuilt everything and the amber flashing has gone so that looks like it was a 14.10 problem, possibly triggered by the latest nvidia driver install since it didn't initially happen on upgrade.

This other post I made

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20066

is still a problem though, I'll repost it as a 14.04 problem to lessen confusion.