Anyone need a Wacom Cintiq 24HD art/drawing/modeling tablet? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone need a Wacom Cintiq 24HD art/drawing/modeling tablet?

captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
Hiro Protagonist
edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
Figured I'd let some of you rifter modelers and game developers know in case you need one... I bought a Cintiq 24HD pen tablet a couple months back, and started doing some online stuff for modeling in zbrush. It's just taking too much time with a already busy schedule, so I'm looking to sell it.

Here's the info:

lightly used art/drawing/3d modeling Wacom "Cintiq 24HD"pen tablet monitor.

These retail new for $2600-$3000, and are intended to be used professional digital artists and 3D modelers/game developers. Also good for colleges/universities for art training or students in these fields.

Please note, the tablet is extremely large and the folding mechanism counterweight is heavy (75lbs), you should make sure you have adequate deskspace to accommodate this device. The entire size of the device is comparable to a 36" monitor, including frame/grip areas.

Selling for a firm $2000, no trades. USA sales only. No other price offers will be accepted. You will not find this device any cheaper, and this device is in excellent condition.It includes all hardware, pens/pen tips/holder, power supply, cables, and box. Also includes driver disc with manual and drivers for Windows/Mac systems.

Shipping will be calculated at time of sale to your address. Due to size and weight of device, expect shipping to be around ~$200. Ships from Cincinnati, OH.

I accept Paypal. If interested, send me a PM.

Some of the features Features:

High Definition - If creating and viewing HD imagery is part of your daily workflow, you will appreciate the 24-inch HD (1920x1200) display
Color Performance - Featuring a 92% Adobe RGB color gamut, the Cintiq 24HD is an ideal display for color-critical workflows, such as animation, photography, and video editing.
Wide-Screen Dynamics - With a generous 24-inch display, a 16:10 aspect ratio, and an ultra-wide viewing angle, the Cintiq 24HD is perfect for developing wide-screen content
Working Under Pressure - With 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity and 40 degrees of tilt recognition, you'll feel just like you're working with a traditional paintbrush, marker, pen, or pencil.
Exceptional Comfort - The ergonomically designed counter-weighted stand lets users quickly adjust the Cintiq for multiple working postures, allowing the display to extend over the edge of the desk and float just above the user's lap.
Show more
Intuitive Controls - Ten programmable ExpressKeys (five on either side) put convenient keyboard shortcuts and modifiers right at your fingertips, while the Touch Rings provide a natural way to zoom, scroll and change brush size.
Side Switches and Eraser - The Grip Pen has customizable side switches that allow you to program common functions into the pen itself. In addition, on the back of the pen, there is a programmable digital eraser.
True Value - The Cintiq 24HD combines two powerful tools in one: an extra-large, professional pen tablet and a high definition, color-accurate graphics monitor.

You can view pricing comparison here:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-Graphic-Monitor-CINTIQ24HD/dp/B007UNMLBG

And more information here:

http://www.wacom.com/en/creative/products/pen-displays/cintiq/cintiq-24hd

a0xw.jpg
v3pi.jpg
s5tj.jpg
36us.jpg

Comments

• captaintripscaptaintrips Posts: 313
    Hiro Protagonist
    Heh, oh yeah, also forget to mention I'd be willing to trade this (near) $3000 beauty to the oculus team for a HD version of a rift prototype.

Wishful thinking... and improbable... BUT, not impossible. there's always a chance :lol:
  • MannyLectroMannyLectro Posts: 558
    Hiro Protagonist
    This guy is looking for a cintiq.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1916&p=25552&hilit=cintiq#p24663

Weird that the guy didn't contact you yet.
    Rift 3d models available here : viewtopic.php?t=1514
    321d7a56-bfc9-4667-85ce-3a67291aa90a.jpg
    Hiro Protagonist
    Heh, thanks manny! I'll send him a PM see if he's still interested.
  • DrSnakeDrSnake Posts: 134
    Hiro Protagonist
    2g's .. wow its making me interested........ too bad only US shipping.. but yea must be a hefty price tag shipping to Europe.. wish i lived around there ah well! Good luck on the sale, it will go fast im pretty sure!
    logo-100.png
    Developer of One Secret Fantasy
    One of the best virtual reality dating games
    www.onesecretfantasy.com
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah, I knocked the price down considerably just to get it sold without having to go through the ebay hassle. Most are selling used for $2300 to $2600, plus shipping. The 24hd non-touchscreen [pen detection only on the screen] is hard to find because everyone buys this model... mostly you find the 24HD "touch" version which is upto 800 dollars more, and the touch features are junk so nobody buys that one, lol. I just need the thing off my desk... if your not modeling/designing/or doing digital artwork, it takes up ALOT of space for just sitting there. I've got it unplugged right now, about to stick it in a safespot upstairs until it sells.

To ship to outside the USA would probably cost nearly as much as the device itself... I would think. If your that interested in it, I can give UPS a call to see what they think as far as international shipping and insurance would be, but I can almost gurantee its not going to be a pretty pricetag, lol.
  • JimmarnJimmarn Posts: 11
    I'd like to buy it, I do digital painting aswell as modeling, I have a 13HD Cintiq, but I'd like more space to work on. However I live in Norway, and the reason I didnt buy it in the firstplace was the pricetag.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm making this as sold pending review. Ironically, a fellow forum member here who is waiting for his rift, and lives here in cincinnati as well has some interest in it and checking it out.

If he passes on it, I'll update to let everyone know.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Moved to lounge.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Very interested in your cintiq. Live in Atlanta. Any chance on you covering the shipping? I can buy new from Wacom $2499 and they'll ship free. Let me know by email. D_scanlan@hotmail.com. Thanks
  • wen995wen995 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I bought mine for a little more than $400 on sale and am very happy with it. It's an XP-Pen Artist15.6 Pro 15.6 Inch IPS Drawing Monitor .
    I can actually draw and paint effortlessly with no danger of short circuiting my brain. 

There are cheaper brands than Wacom out there within my budget but they usually get very mixed reviews. Some people experience no problems whatsoever while others say it's a useless piece of junk, my guess is that it depends on each individual computer and programs being used. Wacom Cintiqs are considered the best line out there but are also the most expensive, about twice the price (or more) of an equivalent Chinese one.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,392 Valuable Player
    Blimey! Talk about a necropost!!! :open_mouth:
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,621 Valuable Player
    and if I'd had to bet on an 6 year-old post being necrod I'd not have bet on this one
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)