New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Maze Roller - GearVR Edition

meerkatgamingmeerkatgaming Posts: 13
edited July 2015 in Showcase
h1V7a4ql.png

We're currently in the process of bringing Maze Roller, our virtual reality marble maze game, to GearVR. We still have a lot of work ahead of us and a lot of engine related issues in UE4 still need to be resolved but I'd like to go ahead and share some screenshots of our current progress. These are far from final but at least showcase the minimum visuals we aim to achieve on the mobile platform.

If you like what we've done so far, please help support the Oculus Rift version of Maze Roller by casting a vote on our Steam Greenlight page.

9o0CXFql.png

w0mQVEWl.png

nigSBqLl.png

ycpSeBal.png

KYAQ5f3l.png

oElHoPRl.png

Wwv3mWAl.png

X4i3R1Dl.png

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Good stuff.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Jaycee900Jaycee900 Posts: 223
    Looks very good! I hope you can do a port for the Gear VR soon.
    Mini Gear VR Reviews Blog --> http://gearvrreviews.blogspot.co.uk
  • nobylspoonnobylspoon Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    Hi All, I just wanted to post a looooong overdue update on this project. We intend on making Maze Roller primarily a mobile VR title and suspend our development on the desktop edition (unless successfully Greenlit on Steam). However, we are still waiting on several necessary fixes and improvements to be implemented into UE4 by Epic. Currently, their GearVR support is severely limited.

We were able to overcome some of these issues with our Mobile VRJam submission "TightropeVR" but performance was still subpar, MSAA will not run on Kit Kat and there is still no support for the official Samsung GamePad. For the jam, we attempted a controller-free approach. However, that would cripple the supported gameplay with Maze Roller. Hopefully, we will one day be able to deliver this title to the mobile platform (hopefully without porting to Unity...)
    Meerkat Gaming Dev

Klepto - Burglary Simulator
    Oculus WIP Thread || Steam Greenlight Page
    TightropeVR - 2015 VRJam Finalist
    [APK Download]
    Maze Roller
    Steam Greenlight || [DK2 DEMO] || [GearVR pending UE4 update]