cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boeing patents force field

Skelator
Honored Guest
http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/28/boeing-has-patented-a-star-wars-style-force-field/
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉
7 REPLIES 7

VizionVR
Rising Star
Cool tech, but do they have to mention specific sci-fi influence? Do the words "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" need to be added to everything new in order to draw appeal and validation? As if the invention of a force field isn't enough let's slap a movie moniker on it and see how it zings! Microwave ovens are great tech, but Soylent Green style microwave ovens are the fuuutuuurrrre! [/cynical rant]
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Skelator
Honored Guest
"vizionvr" wrote:
Soylent Green style microwave ovens are the fuuutuuurrrre!

From what I remember isn't Solent Green recyled corpse's :mrgreen: so that one might not work. 🙂

I removed "Star Wars" from my heading but mainly because it made it too long. :lol:
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

VizionVR
Rising Star
"Skelator" wrote:
"vizionvr" wrote:

From what I remember isn't Solent Green recyled corpse's :mrgreen: so that one might not work. 🙂

I removed "Star Wars" from my heading but mainly because it made it too long. :lol:

"Soylent Green is people! It's PEOPLE!!"
You have to cook them somehow. Why not use this handy-dandy patent-pending microwave cook stove! Please remove all dental fillings, braces and metal implants before cooking.
It's the micro-Wave of the Future!

Skelator
Honored Guest
"vizionvr" wrote:
"Skelator" wrote:
"vizionvr" wrote:

"Soylent Green is people! It's PEOPLE!!"
You have to cook them somehow. Why not use this handy-dandy patent-pending microwave cook stove! Please remove all dental fillings, braces and metal implants before cooking.
It's the micro-Wave of the Future!

It could be called the "Necro Wave"? :lol:

g4c
Explorer
more plasma fun, mmmm ozone:

Android VR Developer. https://twitter.com/SiliconDroid

Skelator
Honored Guest
WOW

VizionVR
Rising Star
They stole my holography video idea and I love it!
I had a similar idea when I first saw a clear lucite cube with an image engraved inside the cube. It's accomplished with two lasers. Wherever the lasers cross, they burn a pin-sized mark inside the cube's XYZ axis. Enough marks create a detailed image in the cube.

My idea was to use similar principle where, when two lasers crossed an illuminated point would occur in the air. Looks like my idea would have worked. This is true holography, albeit in its very early rough stages. Really exciting stuff!