cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayblastVR Renderer for Maya Released

Anonymous
Not applicable
PlayblastVR is a new renderer for Maya that creates hardware rendered panoramic images using OpenGL or DirectX. The PlayblastVR renderer allows you to create immersive previz renderings of Maya scenes in fulldome, latlong, and cubic panorama formats.

The PlayblastVR renderer can render previews of elements like animated polygon and NURBS geometry, lights, fluid effects volumes, FumeFX volumes, paint effects strokes, sprites, particles, nParticles, nHair and fur, cloth sims, procedural generated shading networks, etc...

PlayblastVR supports rendering output to Google PhotoSphere spherical panoramas and YouTube 360 Movies with automatic metadata embedding.

After a PlayblastVR panoramic rendering is complete it can be sent automatically to a panoramic viewing program or a video playback tool like DJV Viewer, Adobe SpeedGrade, Kolor Eyes, Assimilate Scratch and Scratch Player, Domemaster3D DomeViewer, Whirligig, VLC, VLCwarp Player, RV, FCheck, or IMF Display.

PlayblastVR previz renderings will save you time & money because hardware based panoramic renderings make better use of the artist’s time. Using PlayblastVR will also free up your render nodes from having to use a slower software based production renderer to output your animation test renderings into a panoramic format.

Panoramic Formats

• Angular Fisheye

• Angular Fisheye With 4:3 Ratio Background

• Angular Fisheye with 16:9 Ratio Background

• Equirectangular / LatLong / Spherical

• Cube Map 3×2

• Cylindrical

• Quadsphere (Starglobe)

• Perspective

• Vertical Cross Cube

• Horizontal Cross Cube

• Vertical Tee Cube

• Horizontal Tee Cube

• Vertical Strip Cube

• Horizontal Strip Cube

• Mental Ray Horizontal Strip Cube1

The PlayblastVR for Maya renderer is available today starting at $99.95 USD. For more information check out:
http://www.andrewhazelden.com/blog/downloads/playblastvr-for-maya/
3 REPLIES 3

Yeticrab
Explorer
Does this support stereo 3d rendering like your mental ray version?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Yeticrab.

"Yeticrab" wrote:
Does this support stereo 3d rendering like your mental ray version?

The initial version 1.1 release of PlayblastVR supports non-stereoscopic panoramic rendering. PlayblastVR was created to help fulldome and VR content producers generate previz imagery in a faster and more responsive way. It is integrated in Maya as a native renderer in the Maya render view and works by extending what is possible visually with the Viewport 2.0 rendering system in Maya using a non-raytraced "warping" based panoramic output technique.

I am currently looking into the best way to implement a proper stereoscopic 3D rendering system in PlayblastVR but it will be a little while before that is available and matches the kind of panoramic stereo output you can get in the current Mental Ray for Maya version of my Domemaster3D/Maya toolset.

My personal favourite feature in PlayblastVR is that it has the ability to render and save the 360° output to a movie file and also send the panoramic renderings directly into your preferred media review and playback programs so you can see the results quickly on your HMD.

Cheers,
Andrew

Gocycle360
Honored Guest
I would love to test it here. But the link above goes to a youtube page. Where can i find it? Can i try it?