cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus broken??? Please help!

PacMaN2k1
Honored Guest
Hello,
my rift just arrived and i think something is wrong with it!
well, screen is set to clone (1280x800), software says everything works. EVGA GTX 460 2WIN.
The Screen is connected to dvi and the rift via mini hdmi (both on the same internal card, cuz 2 win is 2 gpus on one pcb). Rift:Screen is on (no picture) backlight on. when i start the rift configuration it is recognized and evrything looks fine.
when i start the demo and the config tool head tracking works but still no image visible. sometimes the screen shows vertical lines and/or some kind of raster. am i doing anything wrong???
please help and give me advice, i want to check it out!! waited 5 months and now it's here and doesn't work!? damn it!

best regards
5 REPLIES 5

PacMaN2k1
Honored Guest

NullReference
Honored Guest
Is that a three monitor set up? Try disabling two of them so its just the main display and the rift.

PacMaN2k1
Honored Guest
all done (actually its a 5 monitor setup on 2 gfx cards) but that's not the problem. on my laptop it's the same.

OculusOptician
Explorer
Did you contact OculusVR support? What did they do for you?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I believe we sent this guy a new Rift.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?