New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Explorer 1

traden1976traden1976 Posts: 23
Brain Burst
edited April 2013 in Showcase
Here's my WIP. It's not really a game, more of an interactive environment. The goal is to let the user experience what it's like to live in space on a long range explorer ship. Here's a very WIP image :

explorer_1.png

The ship:

- a Ramjet based Nuclear Electric propulsion system. I looked at beam / sail but decided on Nuclear.
- a centrifuge (0.85g) made of 20 layers of vectran and other durable, flexible materials.
- large radiation shield at the back to protect the crew. There's also a large amount of distance the centrifuge / crew quarters and the engine.

Planets (future plans)
- I want to give the user the experience of walking on 2 planets and a couple of Jovian moons. The user will be able to experience what it's like to walk on Mars and Venus (yes, with its x90 atmospheric pressure of earth). Since walking on Venus is like walking a kilometre below the surface of the ocean I'm going to have to do some research.

I also want to include Europa and possibly Ganymede.

thanks!

thanks

Comments

• MrGeddingsMrGeddings Posts: 604
    Art3mis
    sounds nice will you be able to walk around the spaceship too i assume? Hope it turns out nice!
  • traden1976traden1976 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    thanks! Yes, the primary purpose of the project is to simulate life on the spacecraft, or at least allow you to move around the ship.
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,847
    Neo
    traden1976 wrote:
    thanks! Yes, the primary purpose of the project is to simulate life on the spacecraft, or at least allow you to move around the ship.

That is great! I would love to look at stuff inside the craft up close, see how the different modules connect to each other, and imagine a "day" in the life onboard such a thing.

Keep us posted!
  • traden1976traden1976 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    That's the dream! I won't be coughing up 20 million to go into space any time soon, so VR is the next best thing :D