cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-centering Rift and racing games.

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Is it just me that is having this issue with certain racing games and re-centering the Rifts view?
Let me explain...

When I play racing games/sims I push my keyboard towards my monitor so I can have enough space to fasten my steering wheel to the desk. So far so good.

To adjust the viewing distance (head position) in most games you have to press an F key (F11 for Dirty Rally or F12 for Project Cars which is at the top of most keyboards and is as far away from the user as possible.
In order for me to press this I have to lean quite far forward (away from my playing position) and press the button, but when I site back into my racing position my head is the equivalent of being behind my virtual body and I get black sections all over the screen.
The only way I can do it is to stay in my playing position and press the button with a long object (pencil etc) or move my keyboard (which is tricky due to lack of space).
Hope that makes sense?

Assetto Corsa is a little easier as it uses cntrl/space to re-center it, so easier to reach.
So can I ask that developers allow a user to pick a button they want or make it a button that is easier to reach like the space bar etc.
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),
4 REPLIES 4

Ferretfing
Protege
I use a program called VoiceAttack which lets you assign voice commands to keys - e.g. I say "centre rift" & it presses f12 or whatever key is used for the function in that particular game. I've found it very useful when using the rift with all games & it would suit your situation. There's a free 21 day trial as well to try it out (it's only about £5 to buy anyway). 8-)

Thug
Heroic Explorer
That sounds like a great idea, will take a look at it thanks.

Paul33993
Honored Guest
Most (all?) racing games also let you remap that button. Just map the "center" button to one of your unused buttons on your wheel.

Thug
Heroic Explorer
"Paul33993" wrote:
Most (all?) racing games also let you remap that button. Just map the "center" button to one of your unused buttons on your wheel.

I couldn't find one in Dirt Rally, but might have over looked it so will try again.