cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.6.0.0 problems

mappy24
Honored Guest
After updating to 0.6.0.0, I get to the Windows login screen but the system crashes during login, the error message is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (EtronHub3.sys).

I've tried completely removing and reinstalling 0.6.0.0 several times and updting the Etron USB3 driver, but still can't login.

I've rolled back to 0.4.4.0 now and all is well again.

Anyone else getting this?
12 REPLIES 12

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload a DxDiag log file for me? Also the Oculus Config Util diagnostic log?

Please attach as files or use the code tags.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you please attach a kernel dump too?

mappy24
Honored Guest
Thanks, I've uploaded the files you asked for:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By16ZmQ4MqXPMmRCUF9EQS12OXc/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need anything else.

msm903
Protege
My issue is that whenever I am in extended mode and the service is on I have a blackscreen on the rift. It works fine in direct mode.

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
@msm903, if direct mode is working fine, why use extended mode? With 0.6 go with the mode that works for you, they should be latency and functionally equivalent. Extended mode is just a fall back if direct mode doesn't work for you.

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
"mappy24" wrote:
After updating to 0.6.0.0, I get to the Windows login screen but the system crashes during login, the error message is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (EtronHub3.sys).

This would suggest an interaction with the tracker. We'll need the minidump from the system crash. Sorry for the system instability.

msm903
Protege
"DeanOfTheDrivers" wrote:
@msm903, if direct mode is working fine, why use extended mode? With 0.6 go with the mode that works for you, they should be latency and functionally equivalent. Extended mode is just a fall back if direct mode doesn't work for you.

Some pieces of Software i use still need extended mode.

mappy24
Honored Guest
This would suggest an interaction with the tracker. We'll need the minidump from the system crash. Sorry for the system instability.

I've uploaded a minidump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By16Zm ... sp=sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mappy,

I took a look at the dump file and I have some bad news and some good news.

Bad news:
- This is a known bug in Etron's USB3 hub driver. They have a fix for it, but it hasn't been released widely yet. Hopefully it will be soon.

Good news:
- You don't have to use Etron's driver. On Windows 8 and up, Microsoft recommends that you use their USB 3.0 drivers rather than those from the hardware vendor.

To move to MS's driver, here's the general steps:
- Open device manager
- Under "Universal Serial Bus controllers", find the entries for your Etron USB 3 (xHCI) controller and entries for its embedded hubs.
- Starting with the controller, right click on it and select "Update Driver". Click through and click "Browse My Computer" and then "Let me pick". You should see an entry that looks pretty generic, like "USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller". This is the MS driver. Select it and click through the prompts.
- You may have to repeat this process for Etron's embedded hubs on the controller.

Once you're on the full MS stack, you shouldn't experience this problem anymore.

Since Win7 users with Etron USB 3.0 host controllers don't have this luxury, I'm also going to insert a hack into our driver to work around this until Etron can release their fixed driver.