cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dogulus Rift

HaikuJock
Honored Guest
Hi,

I took my Oculus Rift along to Molyjam 2013 in Glasgow, Scotland. This year's Molyjam theme was out-of-context quotes from Peter Molyneux. The quote I pitched for was "Part of the fun of dogs is they misbehave and can be enormously embarrassing to the owner." The game started out as a semi-tactical game where you play as a dog attempting to embarrass your owner on a walk through a park. David Farrell, a PhD student at GCU, made an observation that embarrassing a virtual owner was nonsensical and the player was in some sense the owner. We achieved the goal of embarrassing the player by requiring them to bob their head to run, bark into the microphone and twist their head to urinate, as suggested by David.

A clip of the game being played
Mac Binary
Windows Binary
GitHub repository (requires Unity Pro)

The game-jam was a great experience and everyone who tried the Rift were very impressed.

Cheers,
Jock
5 REPLIES 5

DannySwish
Honored Guest
Nice one.
Intel i7 4770k | GTX 980

sbnewsom
Honored Guest
Cool no ones going to check out your demo! JUST KIDDING. lol Thankfully I have unity to open up the project files. 😛
-Stuart Bradley Newsom HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT DELIVERED Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com Facebook: Click Here

HaikuJock
Honored Guest
Added a Windows binary

Anonymous
Not applicable
ahahahaha! :lol:

but how do i see that the "barking" work? I´m not sure that it is recognitzed by the game. How does the dog bark? German bark, english bark, or....? ^^

*wau wau - wuff wuff* :lol:

HaikuJock
Honored Guest
You'll need a microphone to bark. :lol: We didn't have a lot of time so the bark detection is any loud, sharp noise.