cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new job :[

saviornt
Protege
It's been happening more and more frequently. Today I woke up on the wrong side of the road after having a short "dream" that I was about to hit another card head on. I did manage to get to my other site fine, but upon arrival, I passed out for a couple of hours.

/sigh. I hope consumer VR gets here before I put myself in the ground :cry:
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
OMG, doesn't sound good. Self-driving cars can't come soon enough!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

drash
Heroic Explorer
Damn, sorry to hear that savoirnt. That sounds horrific waking up like that. 😞 Was this your commute, or does your job involve driving all day? Not to state the obvious, but if it's indeed happened multiple times, get more sleep!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

saviornt
Protege
Yea, I pretty much drive all day (IT field service). Sleep? What's that? Especially when you're on-call and they call you in for "an emergency", ie, the entire site/store is down.. you get there, and it's a single computer acting "slow".. :roll:
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

andrewtek
Expert Protege
You have to drive in?

"cybereality" wrote:
Self-driving cars can't come soon enough!

I so want that! My only concern will be the militant anti-tech people that might try to run self driving cars off the road. We already see people who think it is okay to punch people in the face for wearing Google Glass... And hear other people say they will shoot down Amazon delivery drones if they ever fly over their house... Sigh...

VizionVR
Rising Star
No job is worth your life, or even your health! I agree, you definitely need a new job or a slight restructuring of your current one. Can you speak with your boss about it?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

drash
Heroic Explorer
"andrewtek" wrote:
I so want that! My only concern will be the militant anti-tech people that might try to run self driving cars off the road. We already see people who think it is okay to punch people in the face for wearing Google Glass... And hear other people say they will shoot down Amazon delivery drones if they ever fly over their house... Sigh...

I don't know... I don't hear about people trying to run Teslas off the road cause that's basically the same thing - new tech with people inside. It's still attempted murder and self-driving cars have a 360 view of the environment around them so messing with a self-driving car seems like a sure-fire ticket to life in prison.

My concern is what career taxi drivers are going to pursue next... I'm already wondering where the cashiers have gone in some supermarkets with all the self-checkout stuff. Fingers crossed that the transition to machines doing everything for us goes smoothly!

dignifiedweb
Protege
"drash" wrote:

My concern is what career taxi drivers are going to pursue next... I'm already wondering where the cashiers have gone in some supermarkets with all the self-checkout stuff. Fingers crossed that the transition to machines doing everything for us goes smoothly!

If you've ever seen the movie Idiocracy, my concern is not just the taxi drivers. My concern is that the really lazy people in the world phase the ambitious people out of existence. To quote Carl Sagan:

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.

I have faith in people though, we will prevail. Drive safe OP, hope you get some good sleep. 🙂
Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR

drash
Heroic Explorer
"dignifiedweb" wrote:
If you've ever seen the movie Idiocracy

Love that movie. First movie I ever loaded up to watch in Gear VR. 🙂

VizionVR
Rising Star
Idiocracy is in my top ten comedies of all time. I mean, it's number ten, but still...

As cool as a self driving car sounds, I don't think I'd ever want to be a passenger. Especially a sleeping passenger!
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.