Oculus and VR name recognition in the wild — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus and VR name recognition in the wild

saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
NerveGear
edited June 2015 in General
Most of you guys know what I do.. I travel from site to site, city to city, fixing broke stuff. Every once in awhile, I talk to other people that happen to be around and then, every so often, the mention of gaming, movies, or VR come up. To my astonishment, it seems that VR in general is becoming more and more "known" to the general public.

I think alot of this has to deal with the Oculus / GearVR displays that I am seeing start to appear at "Big Box" stores in the Samsung rep sections. The more people see it, the more they try it, the more they tell other people about it.

Well played Oculus/FB, Samsung.. well played indeed. By the end of the year towards beginning of next year, Sony may be doing the same thing.

Comments

• 1k0nX1k0nX Posts: 57
    Brain Burst
    Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. It also probably helps that many people's first VR experience will be with 'safe', controlled content.
    UE4, Blender, SONAR X3
    FX 8350 OC @ 4.4 GHZ, GTX 770 (Soon a GTX 980 Ti :P )
  • JoseJose Posts: 888
    Trinity
    Earlier this year, I was at a doctor's office and one of the nurses asked me about my interests. When I mentioned VR, she got all wide eyed and said "you ever try this thing called cardboard? I tried it and it was craazy." In my head I just kinda lol'ed because the experience of google cardboard isn't really comparable to DK2. If she was that excited about cardboard, her mind would have probably exploded if she tried DK2. I didn't really say anything after that because I didn't want to come across as a VR elitist.

People in general are definitely more aware of VR. A lot of it is probably because of google.