cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is now worried?

Anonymous
Not applicable
having just watched Step into the Rift press release, I'm now worried..

No mention of actual specs.. just a look at the ergonomics... An xbox controller which I already own will be bundled at my cost...

And a half finished input device...

Where is the meat on them there bones??

What about FOV? What about importing existing games into Oculus Home? What about pre order date??

This event looks very much like they have stuck some material around crescent bay and covered the camera up in plastic and plastered it on a stand....

Very very disappointed Oculus.... This may have been a deal breaker for me....
479 REPLIES 479

RiftXdev
Explorer
there's the content too, but I take you're point. And share it.

They're starting to lay our the pieces, like 'Home' to replace Share eventually.

this announcement was really for one thing; we partnered with Microsoft.

All the rest was just E3 spoilers.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

saviornt
Protege
With Microsoft being as silent as they were about HMD / VR gaming, I knew that this was going to happen, as I said it in my many "prediction" posts.

One thing that worries me most is the current runtime as quite a few issues with Windows 10, with the fact that it is not officially supported yet.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far they have yet to impress me beyond the Half Moon. That was literally the only thing they had to offer this time around. And now the only first person VR experience they offer is EVE: Valkyrie.

I'm fairly certain the third person games are a result of the supposed discomfort from people trying to focus on objects that are too close to their eyes in VR. I don't think it's worth the trade off, I would much rather have first person VR than this platformer bullcrap.

gabrielinc
Honored Guest
Come on. Where's the problem? The VR touch input is not yet ready? We still have about 8 months till launch. I don't see a problem here. The hmd is ready, OS should be as well and Content will be getting bigger in the next months.

Regarding the VR touch, it has some nice features. It gives you not only the same features like Vive does but you also can do some basic gestures. I guess Oculus will win the input battle against Valve.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
I'm not worried, I'm buying a Vive. That's the great thing about competittion, if one company doesn't release a satisfactory product, you can go elsewhere. Assuming they can keep the price low enough, they might get the Rift to appeal to people looking for a more budget-friendly solution, but otherwise I see no reason to buy a Rift.

Regarding the VR touch, it has some nice features. It gives you not only the same features like Vive does but you also can do some basic gestures. I guess Oculus will win the input battle against Valve.

One important difference is nowhere was it suggested that the Oculus Touch would be included. Not included = not everyone has it = developers don't support it, you can see that with the death of the Kinect following it being taken out of the basic Xbone bundle.

snappahead
Expert Protege
The specs aren't all that important to me at this stage TBH. If it's good, it's good and I'm sure it will be good. The software is what I'm focused on and I was fairly pleased with the line up of games. Insomniac was a nice surprise (to me at least) and Chronos looks awesome. I was freaking a bit when we got trolled with that damned gamepad, but I'm better now. Oculus, you cheeky buggers.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Anonymous
Not applicable
"saviornt" wrote:
With Microsoft being as silent as they were about HMD / VR gaming, I knew that this was going to happen, as I said it in my many "prediction" posts.

Well.... I don't own an Xbox one and won't ever own an xbox one so what good is that to me?

I actually feel insulted... Oculus seems to be going after the people that don't have a clue about gaming on a pc and probably don't have a pc powerful enough for the rift anyway.

It's stupid Stupid Stupid move...

I mean including an Xbox controller?!?!? Are they Serious??? Talk about half assed bollocks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"jngdwe" wrote:
So far they have yet to impress me beyond the Half Moon. That was literally the only thing they had to offer this time around. And now the only first person VR experience they offer is EVE: Valkyrie.

I'm fairly certain the third person games are a result of the supposed discomfort from people trying to focus on objects that are too close to their eyes in VR. I don't think it's worth the trade off, I would much rather have first person VR than this platformer bullcrap.

I'm right there with you...

Thirdperson.... suggests a developer that isn't fully committed to VR and wants to spread bet... regardless of what they may say!

Luciferous
Consultant
Native out of the box support for windows 10 DX12 and Windows 10 a free upgrade. Made me smile.
What I just saw is way beyond what any of us expected when we got our DK1's.