cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Morpheus New Move Design leaked

snappahead
Expert Protege
Just caught this on Reddit. The first thing that comes to me is that there's no d-pads or analogue sticks. Not sure how this will work.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/19185-plays ... ement.html

What concerns me is that they might be planning a thing where VR games and traditional games are seperate. You'll use a standard control for games that have VR functionality,but aren't necessarily made for VR and the Move controllers for games that are specifically designed to be in vr and using these controllers. That London Heist demo doesn't involve any locomotion, so I'm wondering if that's how they pan to handle it.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti
33 REPLIES 33

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Very interesting if legit. I don't see why they wouldn't include analog sticks, at least as an option, looks pretty comfortable to hold though.

Malkmus1979
Explorer
Wow these are actually much more similar to Oculus Touch, minus the sensor ring around the hand. Good move.

Malkmus1979
Explorer
Interesting that they've ditched the analog. Seems to imply that you'll be standing and rotating your body yourself while using one of the buttons to simply move forward.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
In a way it shows more confidence in VR than Oculus has. Whereas Oculus is bundling a regular gamepad with the Rift and showing off third-person content that would be right at home on a screen, all of the stuff we've seen for the morpheus seems to be designed from the ground up for VR.

Malkmus1979
Explorer
"Twitchmonkey" wrote:
In a way it shows more confidence in VR than Oculus has. Whereas Oculus is bundling a regular gamepad with the Rift and showing off third-person content that would be right at home on a screen, all of the stuff we've seen for the morpheus seems to be designed from the ground up for VR.

Well, we don't yet know that they aren't revealing any 3rd person games at E3 to be played with the PS4 gamepad that every PS4 owner will already have. But I do find this rather intriguing.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Yeah, I suppose the situation is a bit different considering devs can assume everyone with a PS4 has at least one dualshock controller, but I just find it intriguing their VR input seems to totally eschew all of our traditional ideas of 3D navigation.

andrewtek
Expert Protege
"Twitchmonkey" wrote:
Their VR input seems to totally eschew all of our traditional ideas of 3D navigation.

I am not sure I understand your observation. Do you mean the lack of thumb sticks?

snappahead
Expert Protege
I guess a one button locomotion could work, but it's odd to remove the option from devs to use a stick.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
"andrewtek" wrote:

I am not sure I understand your observation. Do you mean the lack of thumb sticks?

Thumbsticks, d-pad, touchscreen, I didn't notice any way to navigate with those like we see on the Oculus Touch. I believe even the Vive input has something like that if you don't want to actually move around in physical space.