snappahead
Expert Protege
Looking very good.

http://uploadvr.com/back-to-the-chair-h ... r-version/
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti
84 REPLIES 84

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
In terms of display – it is hard to say it was improved drastically over the Crescent Bay but it definitely felt a notch clearer. One of the things I did notice however was how much deeper the blacks felt, something that I think was absolutely crucial to the immersiveness factor. A number of the demos I tried had very dark scenes and they all looked great on the Rift. Additionally, the colors felt brighter and more vibrant. The resolution may or may not be better but the screen itself definitely felt different and improved. Oh – and there was absolutely no screen door that I could see. I really tried to focus on individual pixels and found it to be quite difficult.

Most of the worst fears about the CV1 display are on the best way to drop out. I really feel a relief, but there's some uncertainty left.
Eagerly awaiting further info.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.

Anonymous
Not applicable
. Oh – and there was absolutely no screen door that I could see. I really tried to focus on individual pixels and found it to be quite difficult.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If this is true why the HELL didn't they say that at their pre E3 event??

What the hell Oculus?

You had a killer winner like no SDE and you didn't even talk about it???

Strange no mention of FOV though.....

snappahead
Expert Protege
Probably because it's very person to person. One guy will not see it and the next will say it's still too noticable. I'm sure the sde is still visible, but I'm expecting it to be so diminished that it'll be easy to ignore. There's bound to be those who will swear that it's unbearable though. I think Iribe did say something like "no pixels" during the reveal, but I can understand why they don't want to emphasize it.

snappahead
Expert Protege
Here's another one

http://vrfocus.com/archives/17146/hands ... -rift-cv1/

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Good read, thanks Snappahead! Notice they didn't pair up the touch controllers with the CV1 for the demo. Looks like they are showing you the storefront and giving you a feel of what day one will be like in the consumer rift.

Their HMD sounds and looks like it is on point.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

aztecsurf
Explorer
The resolution may or may not be better but the screen itself definitely felt different and improved. Oh – and there was absolutely no screen door that I could see. I really tried to focus on individual pixels and found it to be quite difficult.

Taking from that part of his review at E3 today I wonder how they were able to help reduce the SDE to that level with the current CV1? Software or hardware trick?

I really hope this is true! 😄

If anyone is at E3 right now can you let us know what you thought if you went to the Oculus Booth today? Thanks!

willste
Explorer
The first review said touch demos were scheduled later in the day.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"aztecsurf" wrote:
The resolution may or may not be better but the screen itself definitely felt different and improved. Oh – and there was absolutely no screen door that I could see. I really tried to focus on individual pixels and found it to be quite difficult.

Taking from that part of his review at E3 today I wonder how they were able to help reduce the SDE to that level with the current CV1? Software or hardware trick?

I really hope this is true! 😄

If anyone is at E3 right now can you let us know what you thought if you went to the Oculus Booth today? Thanks!

Must be a combination of pixel density and optics... but having not tried CB it's impossible for me to say which or even if both.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Snappahead" wrote:
Here's another one

http://vrfocus.com/archives/17146/hands ... -rift-cv1/

Again no mention of FOV..... How odd....